How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Gatemix

How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)
Hi im having problems whit the web cam on this Computer , i have windows
vista and when i try to install it , i allmost got it installd , but when i
was gona select the web cam , then windows vista strted making problems ,an
said tha the program vas a treath to t computer and somthing call DEP shutted
dow my msn , by the way it was in Msn i tryd to install it so how do i
deactivate DEP from a singel Program?? an please explain it in a easy way ,
im not a computer geek hehe but im getting there so if anyone can help
me i greatfull
Jesper

RE: How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)
You can't disable DEP for Live Messenger. It is considered a system binary,
and those are designed to run with DEP.

If this persists, your best option is going to be to get a different camera
that is designed to work with Vista, or to see if there are updated drivers
available for the one you have. I'd try the latter option first.
---

"Gatemix" wrote:

> Hi im having problems whit the web cam on this Computer , i have windows
> vista and when i try to install it , i allmost got it installd , but when i
> was gona select the web cam , then windows vista strted making problems ,an
> said tha the program vas a treath to t computer and somthing call DEP shutted
> dow my msn , by the way it was in Msn i tryd to install it so how do i
> deactivate DEP from a singel Program?? an please explain it in a easy way ,
> im not a computer geek hehe but im getting there so if anyone can help
> me i greatfull

Gatemix

RE: How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)

--
i need help

"Jesper" wrote:

> You can't disable DEP for Live Messenger. It is considered a system binary,
> and those are designed to run with DEP.
>
> If this persists, your best option is going to be to get a different camera
> that is designed to work with Vista, or to see if there are updated drivers
> available for the one you have. I'd try the latter option first.
> ---
> Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista Security:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20

yea but the web cam is a part of the computer ,so i dont understand why
windows vista is rejcting it , it vas allredy on the computer when i got it ?

Jesper

RE: How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)
Did your computer come with Windows Vista? If so the manufacturer should
provide you with proper software that makes the webcam work. You need to call
their tech support. If the web cam consistently causes Messenger to hang then
they need to provide you with a solution. There is nothing we can really do
to help you, unfortunately.

---

"Gatemix" wrote:

> --
> i need help
>

> "Jesper" wrote:
>
> > You can't disable DEP for Live Messenger. It is considered a system binary,
> > and those are designed to run with DEP.
> >
> > If this persists, your best option is going to be to get a different camera
> > that is designed to work with Vista, or to see if there are updated drivers
> > available for the one you have. I'd try the latter option first.
> > ---
> > Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista Security:
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20
> >

> yea but the web cam is a part of the computer ,so i dont understand why
> windows vista is rejcting it , it vas allredy on the computer when i got it ?

James Matthews

Re: How to deaktiverer DEP from a program ???Help Please:)
You should be able to do it from the propties

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/movado--watches.html
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/
"Gatemix" <Arnstein_l_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi im having problems whit the web cam on this Computer , i have windows
> vista and when i try to install it , i allmost got it installd , but when
> was gona select the web cam , then windows vista strted making problems
> ,an
> said tha the program vas a treath to t computer and somthing call DEP
> shutted
> dow my msn , by the way it was in Msn i tryd to install it so how do i
> deactivate DEP from a singel Program?? an please explain it in a easy way
> ,
> im not a computer geek hehe but im getting there so if anyone can
> help
> me i greatfull

Elrik_C is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also have problems with DEP that prevents the installation
of system board device drivers, and since MachSpeed, the
manufacturer of the system board has no intention of
providing a DEP compatable set of Vista 64 bit device drivers
and only made Vista 64 bit drivers as an after thought.

So it would be nice if there were a way to completely
disable DEP at least until all the device drivers are installed.

Perhaps a registry tweak or removal of a system file?
Brink

Elrik_C;653936 Wrote:
> I also have problems with DEP that prevents the installation
> of system board device drivers, and since MachSpeed, the
> manufacturer of the system board has no intention of
> providing a DEP compatable set of Vista 64 bit device drivers
> and only made Vista 64 bit drivers as an after thought.
>
> So it would be nice if there were a way to completely
> disable DEP at least until all the device drivers are installed.
>
> Perhaps a registry tweak or removal of a system file?
>

> --
> Elrik_C

Hi Elrik_C,

I do not know if it will help in installing the drivers, but this will
show you how to completely disable DEP.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...e-disable.html

Shawn

--