Security Center is off and won't be started

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Amir Pasha

Security Center is off and won't be started
My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
implement the service."

what should I do?

Steven

RE: Security Center is off and won't be started
I have the same problem....did you get this fixed? if so how?

Steven

"Amir Pasha" wrote:

> My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
> Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
> Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
> coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
> the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
> implement the service."
>
> what should I do?

H.

RE: Security Center is off and won't be started
I have the same problem at this moment. I have posted this problem on a forum
in the Netherlands. As soon as I know the solution You will recieve a message.
Greetings
H.

"Amir Pasha" wrote:

> My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
> Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
> Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
> coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
> the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
> implement the service."
>
> what should I do?

H.

RE: Security Center is off and won't be started
Perhaps you can find your answer via this link (it's a dutch forum) Just go
to the last item on this page. If you cant enter this site via the link go to
the non-member part and look for the discussion "HijackThis logs" and look
for the posted item by HHHH and go to the bottom of the page. Just make sure
that your service file is: "wscsvc"
Succes
H.

"Amir Pasha" wrote:

> My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
> Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
> Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
> coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
> the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
> implement the service."
>
> what should I do?

Microsoft MVP Member

Jacee will become famous soon enoughJacee will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Click on 'run' (it's in accessories), type services.msc in the box, then OK.

When the list of service's window opens, check to see that 'Security Center' and 'Security Accounts' are both set to start Automatically. You can do that by right clicking on the line and choosing properties.
Reboot/restart your computer and check to see if it's now working properly.

click img to show larger view
__________________
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009

Last edited by Jacee : 10-31-2007 at 23:20. Reason: added more instructions
H.

RE: Security Center is off and won't be started
I forgot to put the link in my reply so here it is:
http://www.nucia.nl/forum/showthread...680#post290680

"Amir Pasha" wrote:

> My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
> Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
> Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
> coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
> the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
> implement the service."
>
> what should I do?

Microsoft MVP Member

Jacee will become famous soon enoughJacee will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi H.
In your case, you had a Virtumonde/Vundo infection.

I can't read Dutch, so I don't know what the problem with WPCSvc (Parental Controls) was and why Marckie had you do a reg.fix. Was it corrupted?
__________________
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009
MrRaptor88

Re: Security Center is off and won't be started

::Had the same problem in shop and was able to fix it by looking at a
working vista machine the thing I found was that the Log On Part of the
Properties was set to the user and not a local service like it should be
I changed that cleared out the stored passwords and Vista did the rest.
Started working after that. Hope this helps .::

arty:

--
MrRaptor88
karmaxxxx

Re: Security Center is off and won't be started
respect right at you jacee sorted my prob out thanx this was a result of
malware which got past macaffee security suite nice 1

"Jacee" wrote:

> Click on 'run' (it's in accessories), type *services.msc* in the box,
> then OK.
>
> When the list of service's window opens, check to see that 'Security
> Center' and 'Security Accounts' are both set to start Automatically. You
> can do that by right clicking on the line and choosing properties.
> Reboot/restart your computer and check to see if it's now working
> properly.
>
> click img to show larger view
> '[image:
> http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/jcee/th_SecurityCenterservices.jpg]'
> (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...erservices.jpg)
>

> --
> Jacee
>
> *MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 & 2007*

Drew

RE: Security Center is off and won't be started
I have the exact same problem. I have tried all of the "solutions" suggested
in this thread and none of them have worked. I'm almost to the point of
re-installing Vista. Please, if there's anyone else out there with any other
suggestions PLEASE share. I really don't want to go through the hassle of
reinstalling my OS.