Printer is not detected

Craig008

Printer is not detected
I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection'

i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
had the same problem, any help would be great
--
grapes
Janice

RE: Printer is not detected
Check the Canon website for updated drivers that may need to be installed.
--
Janice

"Craig008" wrote:

> I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection'
>
> i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> had the same problem, any help would be great
> --
> grapes

Craig008

RE: Printer is not detected
yeh i have tryed that, still makes no difference. according there site the
disk should do the job anyway.

when windows ask to install it, it ask for perision and has regonised what
it is, but no matter what driver i try and use it still makes no difference.
is it my vista or the printer
--
grapes

"Janice" wrote:

> Check the Canon website for updated drivers that may need to be installed.
> --
> Janice
>

> "Craig008" wrote:
>
> > I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> > installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> > switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> > installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection'
> >
> > i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> > had the same problem, any help would be great
> > --
> > grapes

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Printer is not detected
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:12:02 -0700, Craig008
<Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> yeh i have tryed that, still makes no difference. according there site the
> disk should do the job anyway.

Drivers are operating system-specific. You're sure you're trying to
use a driver that's specifically for Vista? No other one will work.

> when windows ask to install it, it ask for perision and has regonised what
> it is, but no matter what driver i try and use it still makes no difference.
> is it my vista or the printer
> --
> grapes
>

> "Janice" wrote:
>
> > Check the Canon website for updated drivers that may need to be installed.
> > --
> > Janice
> >

> > "Craig008" wrote:
> >
> > > I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> > > installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> > > switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> > > installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection'
> > >
> > > i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> > > had the same problem, any help would be great
> > > --
> > > grapes

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Craig008

Re: Printer is not detected
yeh, tryed the ones off there site, i have messaged them to see if canon can
shed any light on it. had a similar problem with the usb id file stoping USB
devices being ID and installed, maybe it some thing like this
--
grapes

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:12:02 -0700, Craig008
> <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > yeh i have tryed that, still makes no difference. according there site the
> > disk should do the job anyway.

> Drivers are operating system-specific. You're sure you're trying to
> use a driver that's specifically for Vista? No other one will work.
>

> > when windows ask to install it, it ask for perision and has regonised what
> > it is, but no matter what driver i try and use it still makes no difference.
> > is it my vista or the printer
> > --
> > grapes
> >

> > "Janice" wrote:
> >
> > > Check the Canon website for updated drivers that may need to be installed.
> > > --
> > > Janice

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer is not detected
If you launch Add Printer manually, is Apollo the first manufacturer in the
list?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Craig008" <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> yeh, tryed the ones off there site, i have messaged them to see if canon
> can
> shed any light on it. had a similar problem with the usb id file stoping
> USB
> devices being ID and installed, maybe it some thing like this
> --
> grapes
>

> "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:12:02 -0700, Craig008
>> <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > yeh i have tryed that, still makes no difference. according there site
>> > the
>> > disk should do the job anyway.

>> Drivers are operating system-specific. You're sure you're trying to
>> use a driver that's specifically for Vista? No other one will work.
>>

>> > when windows ask to install it, it ask for perision and has regonised
>> > what
>> > it is, but no matter what driver i try and use it still makes no
>> > difference.
>> > is it my vista or the printer
>> > --
>> > grapes

>> --
>> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Craig008

RE: Printer is not detected
now worries, i have deletd the infcache.1 and solved the problem withh all
usb devises
--
grapes

"Craig008" wrote:

> I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection'
>
> i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> had the same problem, any help would be great
> --
> grapes

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer is not detected
Are these USB ports on the back section of the motherboard... or on a
powered hub... or on the front of the case?

Are they KNOWN to be working correctly with other USB devices?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

>I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the
> connection'
>
> i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> had the same problem, any help would be great
> --
> grapes

Craig008

Re: Printer is not detected
i tryed all of the USB sockets the frot panel, rear panel and expansion card
all with the same result, but deleting the ifncache.1 file solved the problem
all seems to be dandy now
--
grapes

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are these USB ports on the back section of the motherboard... or on a
> powered hub... or on the front of the case?
>
> Are they KNOWN to be working correctly with other USB devices?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Craig008" <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the
> > installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to
> > switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the
> > installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the
> > connection'
> >
> > i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody
> > had the same problem, any help would be great
> > --
> > grapes

Jim Keaney

RE: Printer is not detected
I'm having the same problem with a HP All-in-One 2575. Can you tell me how to
delete the infcache.1 ?
--
Jim Keaney