Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer

vn

Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer
Hopefully, someone can help me. I have upgraded my Dell PC to Microsoft
Windows Vista Home Premium. As a result, I had to reinstall all my programs,
including the printer. After several attempts to uninstall and reinstall the
printer, I finally got it to actually print. However, it is not allowing me
to scan documents or copy them. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? My
roomate and I have been at this for three exhausting afternoons and it is
frustrating. The alert messages we get is that we have to disconnect and
reconnect the USB cable, power cable, turn on the printer and re-start the
computer. Still, it only prints.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..... Thank you
--
vn
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer
You did download Vista drivers from Dell for the printer didn't you? XP
drivers won't work on Vista.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"vn" <vn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hopefully, someone can help me. I have upgraded my Dell PC to Microsoft
> Windows Vista Home Premium. As a result, I had to reinstall all my
> programs,
> including the printer. After several attempts to uninstall and reinstall
> the
> printer, I finally got it to actually print. However, it is not allowing
> me
> to scan documents or copy them. Does anyone know how I can achieve this?
> My
> roomate and I have been at this for three exhausting afternoons and it is
> frustrating. The alert messages we get is that we have to disconnect and
> reconnect the USB cable, power cable, turn on the printer and re-start the
> computer. Still, it only prints.
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..... Thank you
> --
> vn

jmm

RE: Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer
I would try uninstalling the printer software unless it is a version
specifically for Vista. After uninstalling the software, reconnect the
printer. Vista by default supports a number of printers. I would avoid using
the XP software.
For scanning, I would go to "Windows Photo Gallery" and choose File, then
"Import from camera or scanner". Not sure if this helps you for scanning
documents. I think that there may be another app that can scan in files in
Vista, but I forget when it is located. Good luck.

"vn" wrote:

> Hopefully, someone can help me. I have upgraded my Dell PC to Microsoft
> Windows Vista Home Premium. As a result, I had to reinstall all my programs,
> including the printer. After several attempts to uninstall and reinstall the
> printer, I finally got it to actually print. However, it is not allowing me
> to scan documents or copy them. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? My
> roomate and I have been at this for three exhausting afternoons and it is
> frustrating. The alert messages we get is that we have to disconnect and
> reconnect the USB cable, power cable, turn on the printer and re-start the
> computer. Still, it only prints.
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..... Thank you
> --
> vn

Musicman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scanning/Printing Dell 924
Wow!! I'm trying to print on my 924, but all I can do is copy and scan!
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer
If the machine was upgraded from XP download the utility from Dell that
addresses upgrade incompatibility issues. If it's a clean install download
the latest Dell Vista driver for the device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team