Vista fax & scan not sending

BobH

Vista fax & scan not sending
I have set up the fax & scan & it has recognized the internal modem which is
on the list of compatible hardware. When I try to send the fax the message
"submitting fax to job queue" is displayed, then the new fax screen
disappears, but nothing happens. The modem does not try to dial out and I can
not find any evidence of the fax anywhere on the computer. When an incoming
call comes in the modem does notify me that there is an incoming call and do
I want to answer it as a fax. I have not had any faxes sent to me to see if
it does actually receive them. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista fax & scan not sending
Do you see anything in Event Viewer? What is the status of the Fax Service
in Administrative Tools > Services?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"BobH" <BobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up the fax & scan & it has recognized the internal modem which
>is
> on the list of compatible hardware. When I try to send the fax the message
> "submitting fax to job queue" is displayed, then the new fax screen
> disappears, but nothing happens. The modem does not try to dial out and I
> can
> not find any evidence of the fax anywhere on the computer. When an
> incoming
> call comes in the modem does notify me that there is an incoming call and
> do
> I want to answer it as a fax. I have not had any faxes sent to me to see
> if
> it does actually receive them. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Bob

BobH

Re: Vista fax & scan not sending
There does not appear to be anything in the event viewer that relates to the
fax service.
Administrative Tools/Services/Fax/Fax Properties
General
Startup Type = Manual
Service Status = Started
Log On = This Account - Network Service
Reconnect - First Failure = Restart
- Second Failure = Restart
- Subsequent Failure = Take No Action
Reset Fail Count After "0" Days
Reset Service After "1" Minutes
Dependencies - Plug & Play
- Print Spooler
- RPC
- Telephony

I hope this is the info that you need. I appreciate you help.

Bob

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you see anything in Event Viewer? What is the status of the Fax Service
> in Administrative Tools > Services?
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "BobH" <BobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have set up the fax & scan & it has recognized the internal modem which
> >is
> > on the list of compatible hardware. When I try to send the fax the message
> > "submitting fax to job queue" is displayed, then the new fax screen
> > disappears, but nothing happens. The modem does not try to dial out and I
> > can
> > not find any evidence of the fax anywhere on the computer. When an
> > incoming
> > call comes in the modem does notify me that there is an incoming call and
> > do
> > I want to answer it as a fax. I have not had any faxes sent to me to see
> > if
> > it does actually receive them. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Bob

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista fax & scan not sending
Startup Type should be "Automatic"
What is the status of your modem in Tools > Fax Accounts?
Is your modem on the VHCL?