Re: Enabling Epson scanner button
I need a little more information. You said that you set the event to run
the Epson program. I'm assuming you did the following (or something close):
1) Launch the Scanning control panel applet
2) Select your Epson scanner from the list
3) Click Properties (elevate if necissary)
4) Go to the events tab
5) Find an event "Scan button press"
6) Click on "Start this program"
7) Set it to your Epson scan program
Assuming that's not working can you try the following:
1) Start the epson scan program directly (find it in the start menu or
whatever). Does it run OK?
2) See if there are any other events listed & set those to Epson as well
(write down what these were set to so you can revert if need be)
Let us know if you have any success with that.
"Darren B" <DarrenB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a scan button on my scanner which i want to run Epson scan with.
> Instead it runs the Windows fax and scan program and even though I've
> specified the eposn program in the control panel applet it still runs the
> vista program rather than the Epson application.
> Anybody any ideas how to rectify this?