Photo Gallery does not list my printer

Darren B

Photo Gallery does not list my printer
My printer is not listed in Windows Photo Gallery meaning I ahve to print
from Photoshop or copy the picture into word.
My printer is a networked HP Laserjet 2600n. I have noticed at work i can
print to networked printers so I don't know what the problem is?

Anybody any ideas?
bjm65401

Re: Photo Gallery does not list my printer

This will sound silly, but it does work.

Uninstall your 2600n. Reinstall the printer using a usb cable. Open
the printer properties and change the printer port from USB to the
TCP/IP port that should still be listed. Remove the USB cable. It will
print as a network printer as it did before, and it will be visible in
the photo gallery.

--
bjm65401

bjm65401 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This will sound silly, but it does work.

Uninstall your 2600n. Reinstall the printer using a usb cable. Open the printer properties and change the printer port from USB to the TCP/IP port that should still be listed. Remove the USB cable. It will print as a network printer as it did before, and it will be visible in the photo gallery.
iangoodall

Re: Photo Gallery does not list my printer

I have the same problem printing from USB. Any ideas?

--
iangoodall
pxfragonard

bjm65401;669124 Wrote:
> This will sound silly, but it does work.
>
> Uninstall your 2600n. Reinstall the printer using a usb cable. Open
> the printer properties and change the printer port from USB to the
> TCP/IP port that should still be listed. Remove the USB cable. It will
> print as a network printer as it did before, and it will be visible in
> the photo gallery.

Curious as to whether or not I can do this (Open the printer properties
and change the printer port from USB to the TCP/IP port) without
uninstalling and reinstalling... I looked up the properties/ports and it
didn't have TCP/IP as an option. I use a HP Laserjet 1018, Windows Vista
Home Premium. I also can't get Windows photo gallery to recognize my
printer. Thanks.

--
pxfragonard
Tim Owen

Re: Photo Gallery does not list my printer
HELLO IS THERE ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT HERE?

There are hundreds of people all over the world experiencing the same
problem. Please can a clever person from the home of unstable time wasting
software look into this problem.

It appears that anybody who has a HP2600n networked printer, and maybe other
networked printers, cannot print from Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista.
The computer I am trying to fix is running Vista Business 32bit and networked
printers simply do not show up in the list.

The printer is installed correctly because I can print from Word, Excel and
print a test page.

This installation of vista is only two days old. I had to re-install from
scratch because of a different problem with Vista. We did not have this
problem before!

Please can someone prove that Microsoft care about their customers and help
all these stranded people out.

Kind Regards

Tim Owen