Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA

Randy

Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Does anyone know how to use my contact list in Outlook 2007 from within the
new FAX software in VISTA

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Happens by default when you set Outlook to be your default Contacts manager.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to use my contact list in Outlook 2007 from within
> the
> new FAX software in VISTA

Randy

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Thank you Russ, but my outlook is set as my default contact manager but it
does not show in the fax address book

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Happens by default when you set Outlook to be your default Contacts manager.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to use my contact list in Outlook 2007 from within
> > the
> > new FAX software in VISTA

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Well that would be a first. It does for everyone else. Can you provide any
information on why your installation is different like how you installed
Outlook, how you configured the Outlook Address Book, and how you set the
default Contacts Manger for Vista?
--
> Thank you Russ, but my outlook is set as my default contact manager but it
> does not show in the fax address book
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Happens by default when you set Outlook to be your default Contacts
>> manager.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know how to use my contact list in Outlook 2007 from within
>> > the
>> > new FAX software in VISTA

ArchPrime

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Well that would be a first. It does for everyone else. Can you provide any
> information on why your installation is different like how you installed
> Outlook, how you configured the Outlook Address Book, and how you set the
> default Contacts Manger for Vista?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Russ, but my outlook is set as my default contact manager but it
> > does not show in the fax address book
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Happens by default when you set Outlook to be your default Contacts
> >> manager.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

ArchPrime

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Doesn't work for me either - probably because from what I have read there
simply is no way to make an outlook address book act as your windows contacts
folder.

I wish I was wrong, and am happy to be corrected!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Well that would be a first. It does for everyone else. Can you provide any
> information on why your installation is different like how you installed
> Outlook, how you configured the Outlook Address Book, and how you set the
> default Contacts Manger for Vista?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Russ, but my outlook is set as my default contact manager but it
> > does not show in the fax address book
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Happens by default when you set Outlook to be your default Contacts
> >> manager.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Indeed there isn't, but you don't need to. WFS will use whatever you have
configured as your default Contacts Manager.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ArchPrime" <ArchPrime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doesn't work for me either - probably because from what I have read there
> simply is no way to make an outlook address book act as your windows
> contacts
> folder.
>
> I wish I was wrong, and am happy to be corrected!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Well that would be a first. It does for everyone else. Can you provide
>> any
>> information on why your installation is different like how you installed
>> Outlook, how you configured the Outlook Address Book, and how you set the
>> default Contacts Manger for Vista?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you Russ, but my outlook is set as my default contact manager but
>> > it
>> > does not show in the fax address book

ArchPrime

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA

Strange! - it doesnt for me
There are no options I can find within Windows Fax & Scan that use anything
but individual "windows contacts" stored in a windows contacts folder. No
way to use a standard oullook .pst file at all that I can see, and when
creating a new fax, it looks only in my default (empty) windows contacts
folder for contact info.

I must be missing something?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Indeed there isn't, but you don't need to. WFS will use whatever you have
> configured as your default Contacts Manager.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "ArchPrime" <ArchPrime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Doesn't work for me either - probably because from what I have read there
> > simply is no way to make an outlook address book act as your windows
> > contacts
> > folder.
> >
> > I wish I was wrong, and am happy to be corrected!
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Well that would be a first. It does for everyone else. Can you provide
> >> any
> >> information on why your installation is different like how you installed
> >> Outlook, how you configured the Outlook Address Book, and how you set the
> >> default Contacts Manger for Vista?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
What did you specify in Control Panel > Default Programs?
Have you configured the Outlook Address Book Service correctly?
--
newsD10F3A8-5D84-4D03-B22D-5D1045A58AA4@microsoft.com...

> Strange! - it doesnt for me
> There are no options I can find within Windows Fax & Scan that use
> anything
> but individual "windows contacts" stored in a windows contacts folder. No
> way to use a standard oullook .pst file at all that I can see, and when
> creating a new fax, it looks only in my default (empty) windows contacts
> folder for contact info.
>
> I must be missing something?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Indeed there isn't, but you don't need to. WFS will use whatever you have
>> configured as your default Contacts Manager.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "ArchPrime" <ArchPrime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Doesn't work for me either - probably because from what I have read
>> > there
>> > simply is no way to make an outlook address book act as your windows
>> > contacts
>> > folder.
>> >
>> > I wish I was wrong, and am happy to be corrected!

ArchPrime

Re: Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA
Hi - outlook 2007 has every association that it can have ticked in Control
Panel (all possible extensions & protocols + start menu).

For me, all the associations for Windows Contacts cannot be changed away
from defaults (boxes are ticked, but grayed out, so remain associated with
Windows Contacts) , with the exception of the .vcf file extension, which is
set to outlook.

I cannot find any outlook address book service (or anything resembling an
address book service) running or dormant under services - could this be the
problem?
Office was set up with default settings, including all options for Outlook
enabled. As far as I know I have never been prompted to select or deselect
such a service.

How would I create an address book service?

Cheers