No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium

Heinrich

No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan
housetrained

Re: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
"Heinrich" <Heinrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
> system.
> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
> has
> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

They probably expect you to use Microsoft Office which has all the business
doodahs. How many kids using their new computers would send a fax? Maybe 1
in 10,000?

--
John the West Ham fan
housetrained@hotmail.com

Dave

Re: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
yeah, but "Office" implies work...
"Home" implies, well, non-office.

"housetrained" <housetrained@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Heinrich" <Heinrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
>> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
>> system.
>> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
>> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want
>> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
>> has
>> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
>> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
>> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

> They probably expect you to use Microsoft Office which has all the
> business doodahs. How many kids using their new computers would send a
> fax? Maybe 1 in 10,000?
>
> --
> John the West Ham fan
> housetrained@hotmail.com
> <><

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
Microsoft Office has never included fax software.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> "Heinrich" <Heinrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
>> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
>> system.
>> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
>> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want
>> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
>> has
>> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
>> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
>> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

> They probably expect you to use Microsoft Office which has all the
> business doodahs. How many kids using their new computers would send a
> fax? Maybe 1 in 10,000?
>
> --
> John the West Ham fan
> housetrained@hotmail.com
> <><

Ron

Re: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
John the West Ham fan: I have the new Office 2007 and now upgraded (or is
that downgraded!) to Vista from XP and I cannot fax from the computer either.
This IS "dumb." Is there a fix, Microsoft???? If not, why would you take
that option away in the "new and improved" OS? You should have warned
people first of the take-aways before having us shell out the $$$. Please
fix and email us all. Thanks.

Ron

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Microsoft Office has never included fax software.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "housetrained" <housetrained@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Heinrich" <Heinrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> >> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
> >> system.
> >> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> >> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want
> >> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
> >> has
> >> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> >> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> >> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

> > They probably expect you to use Microsoft Office which has all the
> > business doodahs. How many kids using their new computers would send a
> > fax? Maybe 1 in 10,000?
> >
> > --
> > John the West Ham fan
> > housetrained@hotmail.com
> > <><

GeorgiGirl

RE: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
Yes Highly outragous!!!

I wish I hadn't bothered upgrading so soon!

Come on Microsoft - What does Premium mean in your language? pay money and
you give us less and less!!!

Free download for Microsoft fax please!!!

You've ALWAYS included it before - I have been using windows since 95 and
now you take away such a simple program?! So unfair!

"Heinrich" wrote:

> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

mtnmama

RE: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
AMEN!!! What WAS microsoft thinking of?? Not us apparently!!!!!

"GeorgiGirl" wrote:

> Yes Highly outragous!!!
>
> I wish I hadn't bothered upgrading so soon!
>
> Come on Microsoft - What does Premium mean in your language? pay money and
> you give us less and less!!!
>
> Free download for Microsoft fax please!!!
>
> You've ALWAYS included it before - I have been using windows since 95 and
> now you take away such a simple program?! So unfair!
>
> "Heinrich" wrote:
>
> > What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> > capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
> > I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> > security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
> > send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
> > no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> > system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> > proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

AT

RE: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
I did not know they just took it out .I was looking for it could not find it
in Home primium .What a shame.

"mtnmama" wrote:

> AMEN!!! What WAS microsoft thinking of?? Not us apparently!!!!!
>
> "GeorgiGirl" wrote:
>
> > Yes Highly outragous!!!
> >
> > I wish I hadn't bothered upgrading so soon!
> >
> > Come on Microsoft - What does Premium mean in your language? pay money and
> > you give us less and less!!!
> >
> > Free download for Microsoft fax please!!!
> >
> > You've ALWAYS included it before - I have been using windows since 95 and
> > now you take away such a simple program?! So unfair!
> >
> > "Heinrich" wrote:
> >
> > > What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> > > capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
> > > I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> > > security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
> > > send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
> > > no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> > > system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> > > proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

LizardinDC

RE: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
I hope the Mac guy pays the pc guy the $10 million for the bite of cupcake
soon! Maybe then Microsoft will bring Vista up to snuff. I bought my new
laptop and a new desktop this past spring and have had nothing but problems.
Should have forked out the extra bucks and went with an Apple. Vista is the
worst OS since DOS 4 (uh) 0!

"Heinrich" wrote:

> What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
> capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
> I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
> security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
> send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
> no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
> system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
> proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

Charlie W

RE: No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium
I was a discourcaged as the rest of us when I discovered that my new HP media
machine with Vista Home Premium didn't include Fax capability. I also have
MS Office 2007 Ultimate installed, but can't find any Fax capabilities there
either!

So, I just did a web search for freeware fax programs. I discovered a thing
called StupidFax developed by a guy named Dan Llewellyn, who apparently, is
the President of LDP LLC (http://www.maxmax.com). The app is pretty old,
because the documentation says it was written for Windows 95, 98, 2000 and
NT. But, I installed it on my Vista system, and it receives multi-page faxes
just fine. I haven't had occasion to send a fax yet.

I downloaded my copy from:

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads...re-for-pc.html

which lists the program as Freeware, though the included read-me requests a
$15 donation if you want to register the thing.

Best of luck until (if) Microsoft replaces the capability.

--
cw