Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium

thedummy

Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I
have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista
does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct???

Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my
fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this
service! What is the work around, now that I am stuck with this Vista?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan
Cal Bear '66

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
Try Snappyfax.
Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise ONLY include Fax and Scan.
Vista Home Premium does not include Fax and Scan.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"thedummy" <z7udumm(removethis)@msn.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I
> have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista
> does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct???
>
> Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my
> fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this
> service! What is the work around, now that I am stuck with this Vista?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

huwyngr

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
What model HP device is it? How is it connected to the PC?

Ron

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
Please allow me to jump in here since I have the same complaint. I have a
OfficeJet 7310 4 in 1 connected by USB. Any solutions? Thanks.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> What model HP device is it? How is it connected to the PC?

huwyngr

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
What version of VISTA are you using?

Have you installed the HP full feature software:

╗ HP Full Feature Software and Drivers

03-2007 080.001.237.000 - 163.07M

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=391182&lang=en

If you are just using the driver in VISTA then you may be missing the
extra features.

If you have not installed the full feature software, remove any HP
software that may appear in Remove Programs; delete any HP icons for
the device in Fax & Scan and in Printers, unplug the USB cable from the
PC end and reboot.

Then install the new software by right mouse clicking on the downloaded
file and choosing Run as Administrator. Do not plug in the USB cable
until the installation tells you to or until [Finish].

Ducky2912

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
So the BUISINESS version has Microsoft fax, even thought they might well have
a stand alone fax maciine. A home version user that might need to
occasionally send a fax is shut out.
Stupid, and a utility that I expected to be there -- but MS quietly
omitted this functionality.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Try Snappyfax.
> Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise ONLY include Fax and Scan.
> Vista Home Premium does not include Fax and Scan.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "thedummy" <z7udumm(removethis)@msn.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I
> > have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista
> > does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct???
> >
> > Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my
> > fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this
> > service! What is the work around, now that I am stuck with this Vista?
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Disgusted of TW

RE: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
This is quite scandalous. There is absolutely no justification for Microsoft
to have removed this important utility from Vista (apart from the business
versions). it is an attempt to screw more money out of the punters.

I refuse to be blackmailed by Microsoft in this way and therefore will NOT
be upgrading to Vista.

Perhaps if sufficient other people post likewise MS might think again (some
hope)!

"thedummy" wrote:

> Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I
> have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista
> does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct???
>
> Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my
> fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this
> service! What is the work around, now that I am stuck with this Vista?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Gammie

RE: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
I have just spent a week trying to find out how to fax with my new expensive
computer that has Vista Home Premium. What a waste of time. When I read the
specifications for my computer it had a fax modem - How dumb was I to think
that there would be software included to use it! I wonder if HP knows this.

"Gammie" <Gammie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just spent a week trying to find out how to fax with my new
> expensive
> computer that has Vista Home Premium. What a waste of time. When I read
> the
> specifications for my computer it had a fax modem - How dumb was I to
> think
> that there would be software included to use it! I wonder if HP knows
> this.

HP knows that the Home versions of Vista don't include FAX capability.
Third-party FAX programs work fine, though.

Tom Lake

Dave

Re: Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium
If HP included a fax modem, then they surely included some software to
accompany it.