Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request
Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned images,
or pages of an attached document?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request
Post is too vague.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
news:6F6BDBB1-531E-4496-8738-4FFD9C9867A0@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned
> images, or pages of an attached document?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request
Other programs allow the user to overlay annotations over the top of
existing fax pages (both scanned documents and documents printed to fax).
The annotation toolbar allows users to add text, arrows, rectangles,
circles, or other graphics. The separate overlay is then merged with the
fax when sent. This allows the users to add manual annotations or comments
to the fax before sending.

****************************
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:O1wQuTVqHHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Post is too vague.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:6F6BDBB1-531E-4496-8738-4FFD9C9867A0@microsoft.com...
>> Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned
>> images, or pages of an attached document?

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request
I see. I never noticed this feature was missing, but it seems to be. You
could do this in previous versions of Microsoft's Fax programs, but I can't
find a way to do it in WFS. I haven't even been able to edit these images by
opening them with an editing program. All I get is a warning that they are
read only, but they have no read only attribute.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
news:BF340DC0-3522-4790-B83E-73D903AFE336@microsoft.com...
> Other programs allow the user to overlay annotations over the top of
> existing fax pages (both scanned documents and documents printed to fax).
> The annotation toolbar allows users to add text, arrows, rectangles,
> circles, or other graphics. The separate overlay is then merged with the
> fax when sent. This allows the users to add manual annotations or
> comments to the fax before sending.
>
> ****************************
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:O1wQuTVqHHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Post is too vague.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
>> news:6F6BDBB1-531E-4496-8738-4FFD9C9867A0@microsoft.com...
>>> Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned
>>> images, or pages of an attached document?

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request
Thanks, Russ. We used to be avid users of WinFax Pro. While not perfect,
this inexpensive program provided an amazing wealth of flexibility for the
home and small office user. Were Microsoft to incorporate a similar wealth
of features into Windows Fax and Scan, we would implement the Microsoft
solution in a heartbeat, especially if fully integrated into Outlook.

**********************
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:E6421106-9A3E-4DEF-9FA8-0D716C0DE5FF@microsoft.com...
>I see. I never noticed this feature was missing, but it seems to be. You
>could do this in previous versions of Microsoft's Fax programs, but I can't
>find a way to do it in WFS. I haven't even been able to edit these images
>by opening them with an editing program. All I get is a warning that they
>are read only, but they have no read only attribute.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:BF340DC0-3522-4790-B83E-73D903AFE336@microsoft.com...
>> Other programs allow the user to overlay annotations over the top of
>> existing fax pages (both scanned documents and documents printed to fax).
>> The annotation toolbar allows users to add text, arrows, rectangles,
>> circles, or other graphics. The separate overlay is then merged with the
>> fax when sent. This allows the users to add manual annotations or
>> comments to the fax before sending.
>>
>> ****************************
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:O1wQuTVqHHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Post is too vague.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> news:6F6BDBB1-531E-4496-8738-4FFD9C9867A0@microsoft.com...
>>>> Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned
>>>> images, or pages of an attached document?
>>>

>>

>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing manual recipient input fields? - 2nd Request Blue Max microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 4 06-09-2007 16:16
Converting WinFax cover sheets? - 2nd Request Blue Max microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 06-08-2007 18:22
2nd REQUEST : A few Vista questions and issues - please help... Default User microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 06-01-2007 17:36
Annotations on scanned documents? Blue Max microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 05-18-2007 00:56
Saving scanned documents in a PDF format. =?Utf-8?B?YmM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 04-20-2007 01:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:12.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120