How to use printbrm.exe to migrate individual printers ?

Kevin

How to use printbrm.exe to migrate individual printers ?
Hello,

As you know, in Vista, the command-line tool of Printer Migration Wizard is
printbrm.exe, now I can use it to migrate printer settings and data without
any problems, but is it possible to migrate specified printers instead of all
printers at one time?

I noticed that there are a switch "cofiguration file" in command-line usage,
and I guess that it maybe used to specify which printer to migrate, but I
dont know how to create such file.

BTW, the printbrm.exe is not existed with Vista Home version, is that mean
there are no way to migrate printers in such version of Vista ?

Any comments or advice are very appreciated. Thanks!

Kevin
2007-06-07

Kevin

RE: How to use printbrm.exe to migrate individual printers ?
Hi,

Is there any guys from Microsoft ? I think the printbrm is not fully
documented, but I believe that Microsoft itself should have answer to the
question at least.

The post had been here for weeks, hope you can help me out of there.

Thanks!

Kevin
2007-6-18

--
Heart and world.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As you know, in Vista, the command-line tool of Printer Migration Wizard is
> printbrm.exe, now I can use it to migrate printer settings and data without
> any problems, but is it possible to migrate specified printers instead of all
> printers at one time?
>
> I noticed that there are a switch "cofiguration file" in command-line usage,
> and I guess that it maybe used to specify which printer to migrate, but I
> dont know how to create such file.
>
> BTW, the printbrm.exe is not existed with Vista Home version, is that mean
> there are no way to migrate printers in such version of Vista ?
>
> Any comments or advice are very appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Kevin
> 2007-06-07

Dan [MSFT]

Re: How to use printbrm.exe to migrate individual printers ?
Kevin,

PrintBrm.exe or the Printer Migration tool is seen as a printer admin type
of tool. As such it won't be installed on any Home SKUs. That said it can
target home machines that have shared printers both for export & import.

As to the core of your question, there is currently no way to select
individual printers / drivers / etc. We are *talking* about it for Windows
7, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Dan

P.S. You may want to take a look at using the PrintBrmUI.exe--this is a
simple wizard that simplifies the core uses of the printbrm.exe.