Run as administrtator

Eljayb

Run as administrtator
My printer works (prints a test page) if I right click the icon and run as an
Administrator.

If, however I try to print a test page without being an administrator, then
the message is "Access is denied".

Obviously I cannot use my printer until I can resolve this problem. Any
thoughts on how to give it permanent Administrator access?
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Run as administrtator
Is this the Panasonic or another device?

Some drivers will write temporary files to areas normal users do not have
access. \windows\temp comes to mind. Verify with the printer driver vendor
for this type of feature then give everyone write access to this location
(though I do not suggest \windows\temp full access).

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Eljayb" <Eljayb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer works (prints a test page) if I right click the icon and run as
> an
> Administrator.
>
> If, however I try to print a test page without being an administrator,
> then
> the message is "Access is denied".
>
> Obviously I cannot use my printer until I can resolve this problem. Any
> thoughts on how to give it permanent Administrator access?

Eljayb

Re: Run as administrtator
Yes it is the Panasonic that I was so excited about in a previous post.
Problem was I never rebooted before checking that it still performed
flawlessly

Disabling User Access Control solves my problem but I am not happy with that
solution.

I have been looking around the Panasonic site to find reference to where it
writes its temporary files but without success at this stage.

Two XP computers which are networked to my Vista desktop can both use the
Panasonic as a network printer.

Sigh, if only I had NEVER rebooted <grin>