Panasonic KX-P7100

Eljayb

Panasonic KX-P7100
Before buying my new PC with Vista installed I did the compatibility check
which told me that my Panasonic KX-P7100 would work with Vista.

To my disappointment it didn't, XP computers networked through my PC could
use it but my Vista couldn't and Panasonic are not releasing Vista drivers
for that model.

As a last resort I dug around and found an old printer cable, uninstalled
the USB drivers and then reinstalled it using the Add a local printer
routine in the Printers folder, to LPT1.

YEAY, it works perfectly, the other PC's on my network can also use it and
it has retained all of its functions, including Duplex printing.

I post this message in case someone else is struggling with the same problem.

Cheers,

Eljayb
huwyngr

Re: Panasonic KX-P7100
Good to know -- someone else is having a problem with an old HP
printer that has parllel and USB and can't get it to work with parallel
when using a USB to Parallel converter -- can't understand why not
using USB direct!

Kenneth Moulton

Re: Panasonic KX-P7100

Hi! Eljayb
I have looked at this and found an old Parallel cable but there is no
parallel connector on my new computer it seems to be strictly USB
Many thanks, Ken

--
Kenneth Moulton
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Panasonic KX-P7100
Belkin make a USB to parallel adapter cable.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Kenneth Moulton" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi! Eljayb
> I have looked at this and found an old Parallel cable but there is no
> parallel connector on my new computer it seems to be strictly USB
> Many thanks, Ken
>

> --
> Kenneth Moulton

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Re: Panasonic KX-P7100
In addition to a USB to Parallel cable, you could also pony up the $10 - $25
for a parallel port card to add to your PC. This is sometimes a better
choice as not all USB - Parallel cables are created equal and they often
have issues that a standard parallel port will never see.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Kenneth Moulton" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi! Eljayb
> I have looked at this and found an old Parallel cable but there is no
> parallel connector on my new computer it seems to be strictly USB
> Many thanks, Ken
>

> --
> Kenneth Moulton

spoonervt

Re: Panasonic KX-P7100

Hi Eljayb (if you are still around reading this...)

which driver to you use once you have connected the printer to your
parallel port?

How can you tell Vista what the printer is capable of without the
correct driver?

Any help is very much appreciated.

greetings
spoonervt