Xerox Phaser 6100 reprints everything on startup

markporter

Xerox Phaser 6100 reprints everything on startup
I'm using a Xerox Phaser 6100 and connecting to it via the ethernet port on
my computer. It prints everything fine, but then when I restart the computer
it insists on printing everything again, so I get into the office each
morning to discover that the printer is printing yesterday's items a second
time.

I've already disabled the Xerox Printing Scout since that was crashing every
few seconds, but I can't work out why the computer would do this if
everything has already printed successfully.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Xerox Phaser 6100 reprints everything on startup
Are the jobs retained in the queue after they are printed?

HP has this issue and it can be corrected by unchecking Bidirectional on the
Ports tab of printer properties.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"markporter" <markporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a Xerox Phaser 6100 and connecting to it via the ethernet port
> on
> my computer. It prints everything fine, but then when I restart the
> computer
> it insists on printing everything again, so I get into the office each
> morning to discover that the printer is printing yesterday's items a
> second
> time.
>
> I've already disabled the Xerox Printing Scout since that was crashing
> every
> few seconds, but I can't work out why the computer would do this if
> everything has already printed successfully.

markporter

Re: Xerox Phaser 6100 reprints everything on startup
Yes the jobs are, they seem to keep the status "sent to printer" and not get
beyond that.

Having said that, I upgraded the firmware and did a new install of the
printer on my machine with slightly different drivers and I now seem to have
one working version and one broken version.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Are the jobs retained in the queue after they are printed?
>
> HP has this issue and it can be corrected by unchecking Bidirectional on the
> Ports tab of printer properties.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "markporter" <markporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using a Xerox Phaser 6100 and connecting to it via the ethernet port
> > on
> > my computer. It prints everything fine, but then when I restart the
> > computer
> > it insists on printing everything again, so I get into the office each
> > morning to discover that the printer is printing yesterday's items a
> > second
> > time.
> >
> > I've already disabled the Xerox Printing Scout since that was crashing
> > every
> > few seconds, but I can't work out why the computer would do this if
> > everything has already printed successfully.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Xerox Phaser 6100 reprints everything on startup
When the jobs are in the "sent to printer" state the monitor of bidi
supported by the device is supposed to send information back to the spooler
when the job is actually printed. I suppose Print Scout might have
performed this function.