Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista

nanagram6

Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista
We just recently had to buy a new computer which has Vista installed. I
can't use my scan to or begin scan buttons on my printer and all the drivers
are updated. Is it not compatible with Vista? I am totally frustrated with
Vsta.
--
momofu4
Dan [MSFT]

Re: Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista
First, what version of Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate, etc) do you have?

Second, did you download the HP driver for Vista from HP's website?

Dan

"nanagram6" <nanagram6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just recently had to buy a new computer which has Vista installed. I
> can't use my scan to or begin scan buttons on my printer and all the
> drivers
> are updated. Is it not compatible with Vista? I am totally frustrated
> with
> Vsta.
> --
> momofu4

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista
You did get the Vista drivers for your All in One from HP didn't you? You
can't use the older XP software on it.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...390315&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"nanagram6" <nanagram6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just recently had to buy a new computer which has Vista installed. I
> can't use my scan to or begin scan buttons on my printer and all the
> drivers
> are updated. Is it not compatible with Vista? I am totally frustrated
> with
> Vsta.
> --
> momofu4

nanagram6

Re: Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista
1. The verson of Vista is Home Premium
and yes I did try to download a new driver but the site said it was already
updated.and that the button is unable to be used in Vista. Which leads me
to say I don't like Vista. It is much less user friendly as far as I can
see.--
momofu4

"Dan [MSFT]" wrote:

> First, what version of Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate, etc) do you have?
>
> Second, did you download the HP driver for Vista from HP's website?
>
> Dan
>
> "nanagram6" <nanagram6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just recently had to buy a new computer which has Vista installed. I
> > can't use my scan to or begin scan buttons on my printer and all the
> > drivers
> > are updated. Is it not compatible with Vista? I am totally frustrated
> > with
> > Vsta.
> > --
> > momofu4

huwyngr

Re: Using scan button on HP PSC 1610 and Windows Vista
In article <71734801-6AED-4C34-BDC6-8DDFABB5999B@microsoft.com>,
Nanagram6 wrote:

> *I did try to download a new driver but the site said it was already*
> updated.and that the button is unable to be used *in Vista.

That reads like what they say about the "out of the box" drivers
already in VISTA but if you go to this webpage for the PSC1610 there is
a fully featured software set:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...DownloadIndex?
os=2093&softwareitem=mp-47767-
1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=390315&lang=en

Description

This download includes the HP Full Feature Software and Drivers.

The Full Feature Software solution supplies full access to the many
features of the All-in-One device and is intended for Users who want
more than just a basic print and scan driver.

You can also get there by going to www.hp.com and clicking on

╗ Software & Driver Downloads

then typing PSC 1610 in the search box and clicking on the ╗

This is the file that Cari gives you a link to in his latest message
and you can use that link.

Print out the instructions and I recommend that you do not use,
earlier, the detect function. Use the black Download Only rather than
the Install Now.

After you have downloaded the large file -- you have a fast connection
I hope -- do the following:

Unplug the PSC 1610 USB cable from the PC end

Got to Control Panel / Printers and delete any icon there for your PSC
1610 printer.

Go to Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall and uninstall and HP
software for the PSC 1610 that you may see.

Reboot the computer.

Then locate where you downloaded the HP software to and right mouse
click on it to start the installation.

Do not connect the printer and its cable to the PC until the
installation procedure tells you to or you get to [Finish] and then
follow instructions including probably to Restart after it has
completed the installation.

I hope that works for you -- shout if you have a question.