Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver

Dangermouse

Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver
Now this is weird. I have upgraded to Vista and had many problems but this is
new.
I have been successfully using Word and printing from it with no problems.
Just now I tried to print a Publisher document and got the Pop Up thingy
saying "Cannot Load Printer Driver". I minimized my Publisher document and
opened a Word Document to test the printer and it worked fine.
It simply wont print a Publisher document!
Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Dangermouse
Tim

Re: Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver
You didn't mention the version of Publisher...

What printer is Publisher set to print to? The same one as Word?

Tim

"Dangermouse" <Dangermouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Now this is weird. I have upgraded to Vista and had many problems but this
> is
> new.
> I have been successfully using Word and printing from it with no problems.
> Just now I tried to print a Publisher document and got the Pop Up thingy
> saying "Cannot Load Printer Driver". I minimized my Publisher document and
> opened a Word Document to test the printer and it worked fine.
> It simply wont print a Publisher document!
> Would appreciate any advice.
> Thanks
> Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Re: Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver
Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to give me a hand with this. I decided I would
not be beaten by a bit of plastic and wires so got some sleep and tried again!

My publisher is part of my Office 2003 package that was pre-loaded by Dell
so not sure what version.

Your post gave me the idea to go back and have a good look at the print
settings. I have the correct printer set as default but re-applied my
settings anyway and WOOO HOOO we have printing!!!! It's a miracle, which
goes to show I need to get out more!!

Thanks so much for your post, you put me on the right track.

Cheers from Australia
Dangermouse )

"Tim" wrote:

> You didn't mention the version of Publisher...
>
> What printer is Publisher set to print to? The same one as Word?
>
> Tim
>
> "Dangermouse" <Dangermouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Now this is weird. I have upgraded to Vista and had many problems but this
> > is
> > new.
> > I have been successfully using Word and printing from it with no problems.
> > Just now I tried to print a Publisher document and got the Pop Up thingy
> > saying "Cannot Load Printer Driver". I minimized my Publisher document and
> > opened a Word Document to test the printer and it worked fine.
> > It simply wont print a Publisher document!
> > Would appreciate any advice.
> > Thanks
> > Dangermouse

Tim

Re: Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver
No worries...thanks for the update and it's good to hear it's working for
you now.

> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to give me a hand with this. I decided I would
> not be beaten by a bit of plastic and wires so got some sleep and tried
> again!
>
> My publisher is part of my Office 2003 package that was pre-loaded by Dell
> so not sure what version.
>
> Your post gave me the idea to go back and have a good look at the print
> settings. I have the correct printer set as default but re-applied my
> settings anyway and WOOO HOOO we have printing!!!! It's a miracle, which
> goes to show I need to get out more!!
>
> Thanks so much for your post, you put me on the right track.
>
> Cheers from Australia
> Dangermouse )
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> You didn't mention the version of Publisher...
>>
>> What printer is Publisher set to print to? The same one as Word?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Dangermouse" <Dangermouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Now this is weird. I have upgraded to Vista and had many problems but
>> > this
>> > is
>> > new.
>> > I have been successfully using Word and printing from it with no
>> > problems.
>> > Just now I tried to print a Publisher document and got the Pop Up
>> > thingy
>> > saying "Cannot Load Printer Driver". I minimized my Publisher document
>> > and
>> > opened a Word Document to test the printer and it worked fine.
>> > It simply wont print a Publisher document!
>> > Would appreciate any advice.
>> > Thanks
>> > Dangermouse

Buddha

Re: Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver
Dangermouse,

I'm experiencing the exact problem you described, along with a multitude of
others since purchasing a Vista system. I can print from Word with no
problem, but the Publisher gives me "Cannot Load Printer Driver". For those
of us who are ignorant about some things (meaning me) could you describe in
detail exactly what steps you took that produced the desired results.