Epson printer problem

jogga

Epson printer problem
I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer working
on windows Vista.
Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a work
around for this. Thanks in advance

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson printer problem
It's not a US model. What country are you from? Or more appropriately, what
is the country of origin of said Epson 810?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"jogga" <jogga@37.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer
> working
> on windows Vista.
> Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a
> work
> around for this. Thanks in advance

Abe

Re: Epson printer problem
On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 21:59:19 +0100, "jogga" <jogga@37.com> wrote:

>I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer working
>on windows Vista.
>Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a work
>around for this. Thanks in advance

I hate to tell you this, there is no workaround. Try installing the XP
driver and cross your fingers.
Abe

Re: Epson printer problem
On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:04:20 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:

>It's not a US model. What country are you from? Or more appropriately, what
>is the country of origin of said Epson 810?

Australia/Asia
don

Re: Epson printer problem
I am in UK - I have the same Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer and, after
getting into problems last week using the XP installation disk on my new
Vista laptop, I found that the the Epson website says don't use your XP
installation disk on Vista. So I contacted Epson support and I reproduce
their clear and v helpful response below.

.....Please be advised that unfortunately we have not produced any updated
drivers for your printer for Windows Vista. There are however, alternative
drivers included as part of your operating system. To install these drivers
please follow the instructions below:

1. From the Desktop select Start > Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel select Printers.

3. In the Printers window click on Add Printer this will bring up the Add
Printer wizard.

4. Select "Add Local Printer".

5. Select the correct Port for your Printer and click the "Next" button
until you arrive at the screen entitled "Install the Printer Driver".

6. This screen will be split into two parts. On the left hand side you will
need to pick the Manufacturer, in this case EPSON. On the right hand side
select the model of your printer, when you have selected the options click
the "Next" button to continue.

7. Keep clicking "Next" leaving all the settings at default until you reach
the final screen where you will need to select "Finish"......

The printer now works happily - and I note that the properties screen for
the printer says that it has the Epson Stylus Photo (M) driver installed. I
can also drive it over my home wireless network when it is connected to my
desktop (and this is my normal mode of operating).

Hope this helps

"jogga" <jogga@37.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer
> working
> on windows Vista.
> Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a
> work
> around for this. Thanks in advance

don

Re: Epson printer problem
Abe - please see my response to the original question - there is an
extremely simple solution within Vista - and crossing your fingers won't
make the XP driver work!

"Abe" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news2j763da0kh4ja6jankftfne5nuvsgohn4@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 21:59:19 +0100, "jogga" <jogga@37.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer
>>working
>>on windows Vista.
>>Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a
>>work
>>around for this. Thanks in advance

> I hate to tell you this, there is no workaround. Try installing the XP
> driver and cross your fingers.

Abe

Re: Epson printer problem
>>>I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer
>>>working
>>>on windows Vista.
>>>Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a
>>>work
>>>around for this. Thanks in advance

>> I hate to tell you this, there is no workaround. Try installing the XP
>> driver and cross your fingers.

>Abe - please see my response to the original question - there is an
>extremely simple solution within Vista - and crossing your fingers won't
>make the XP driver work!

My apologies. I didn't know Vista supported the Epson 810 out of the
box. I had gone to their website and and saw no Vista drivers for it,
so I made a wrong assumption..
jogga

Re: Epson printer problem
Hi
Thanks for your help.
I followed your instructions and my Epson printer is printing
correctly in windows vista now
Your help was much appreciated
Thanks again