Re: Epson printer problem
I am in UK - I have the same Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer and, after
getting into problems last week using the XP installation disk on my new
Vista laptop, I found that the the Epson website says don't use your XP
installation disk on Vista. So I contacted Epson support and I reproduce
their clear and v helpful response below.
.....Please be advised that unfortunately we have not produced any updated
drivers for your printer for Windows Vista. There are however, alternative
drivers included as part of your operating system. To install these drivers
please follow the instructions below:
1. From the Desktop select Start > Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel select Printers.
3. In the Printers window click on Add Printer this will bring up the Add
4. Select "Add Local Printer".
5. Select the correct Port for your Printer and click the "Next" button
until you arrive at the screen entitled "Install the Printer Driver".
6. This screen will be split into two parts. On the left hand side you will
need to pick the Manufacturer, in this case EPSON. On the right hand side
select the model of your printer, when you have selected the options click
the "Next" button to continue.
7. Keep clicking "Next" leaving all the settings at default until you reach
the final screen where you will need to select "Finish"......
The printer now works happily - and I note that the properties screen for
the printer says that it has the Epson Stylus Photo (M) driver installed. I
can also drive it over my home wireless network when it is connected to my
desktop (and this is my normal mode of operating).
Hope this helps
"jogga" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Photo 810 inkjet printer
> on windows Vista.
> Carn't find any drivers on the Epson site or anywhere else, is there a
> around for this. Thanks in advance