Vista Printer Sharing suggestion

Carp

Vista Printer Sharing suggestion
After 6 hours and alot of cussing, I got my Vista Laptop ability to print to
my shared HP on XP desktop. After ensuring Vista share settings are correct
from previous thread. I had to physically hook up printer to laptop to
installed updated Vista drives. Once done, I disconnected printer from laptop
and reconnected to desktop and add second printer on Vista laptop. I added
the same printer from the XP desktop. I had to change port settings to on the
Vista Laptop to \\XPMachine\Printer Name. Once done I had two exact printers
loaded, one from the USB port on the Laptop and one for local port from the
XP desktop. I was able to print wirelessly from the Vista to the XP. Don't
know why this work around works but it does. I'll be more happy to assist
anyone with the same problem.

thanks,
Carp

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan
Chicken Lady

RE: Vista Printer Sharing suggestion
Here is my problem. I purchased a Dell E521 with Vista. I set up a network
with the old Dell computer I had. I had a HP printer that was and still is
working fine on the old system. I have never been able to get it to network
with the new one. It says it prints it, but it doesn't. I tried to get an
older dell printer 940 all in one to work directly with the new computer, but
it doesn't work either. I have several files that need to be printed for the
tax purposes, but can't print a thing. Any suggestions you have will be
appreciated. I'm not much on driver or hardware problems. I mostly just know
how to input info.
Thanks,
Chicken Lady