Epson CX6400

James

Epson CX6400
Since changing from XP to Vista, the Status Monitor for my All in One Epson
Stylus CX6400 does not have Double Sided Printing, Print Preview or the
ability to change the quality of print.

I sent my question to the Epson Connection but received in part the
following response, which I think "stinks": As the driver is part of
Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor
available for your printer.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a Status Monitor that works like the
one with XP?

I'm willing to pay a fair price to a third party vendor -- I just can't
believe Epson would leave us consumers hanging.......

Thanks in advance,

James

huwyngr

Re: Epson CX6400
In article <OzGfE57oHHA.1776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, James wrote:

> As the driver is part of*Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor
> available for your printer.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a Status Monitor that works like the*
> one with XP?

Have you tried to see if:

TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A
Windows Vista 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
epson12258.exe - 21.1MB - posted on 04/25/07

This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver
v3.04A for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Editions. This file extracts to
your hard drive and is placed in
c:\epson\epson12258_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_ut ility_304a.

or

Epson EasyPrint v3.10A
Windows Vista 64-bit Edition compatible, Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
compatible, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2000, Windows Me,
Windows 98
easyprint - .1KB - posted on 12/21/06

Epson EasyPrint is a software utility that makes it easier for you to adjust
printer settings. You can select printer settings right in the Print window,
without having to click the Properties button. One of the first applications
to support Epson EasyPrint is Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. Epson EasyPrint is
already included with Epson Smart Panel 3.2 and Epson Copy Utility 3.0. Click
the Download Now button for more information.

located at:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...supDetail.jsp?
BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=25723&prodoid=36478885&info Type=Downloads&platform=Wind
ows

has any of the missing features?

If your printer and scanner are working (but not fully featured) I'd be
inclined to try installing the second, EasyPrint, utility first and see if
that does what you need. If scanning is not working then you may need to
install the first.

When you go to get those files, if the choice is offered to you for the
download use Save rather than Run and make sure you know where it is saved to.

Then when you are ready to install, right mouse click on the installation file
and select Properties / Compatibility and on that TAB check the [X] Run as
Administrator and OK your way out.

Make sure you have backups first.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson CX6400
Probably cheaper to buy a new printer with a full set of drivers and
utilities than pay someone to write a third party application just for you.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"James" <James@home> wrote in message
> Since changing from XP to Vista, the Status Monitor for my All in One
> Epson Stylus CX6400 does not have Double Sided Printing, Print Preview or
> the ability to change the quality of print.
>
> I sent my question to the Epson Connection but received in part the
> following response, which I think "stinks": As the driver is part of
> Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor
> available for your printer.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a Status Monitor that works like
> the one with XP?
>
> I'm willing to pay a fair price to a third party vendor -- I just can't
> believe Epson would leave us consumers hanging.......
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> James

Lynette

Re: Epson CX6400
Hi I've had so many problems with my HP 2115 not working properly since
getting vista I decided to get a new printer. I'm looking for something £100
or under all in one but cannot find any advice on which models work properly
with vista or are "Vista compatible" can you tell me if there is a list
anywhere? it all seems very vague and don't want to buy a new one which
still won't function fully.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Probably cheaper to buy a new printer with a full set of drivers and
> utilities than pay someone to write a third party application just for you.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "James" <James@home> wrote in message
> > Since changing from XP to Vista, the Status Monitor for my All in One
> > Epson Stylus CX6400 does not have Double Sided Printing, Print Preview or
> > the ability to change the quality of print.
> >
> > I sent my question to the Epson Connection but received in part the
> > following response, which I think "stinks": As the driver is part of
> > Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor
> > available for your printer.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a Status Monitor that works like
> > the one with XP?
> >
> > I'm willing to pay a fair price to a third party vendor -- I just can't
> > believe Epson would leave us consumers hanging.......
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > James

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson CX6400
Take a look at some of the new all in one Canon printers.

http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/control...upportVistaAct
--

"Lynette" <Lynette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I've had so many problems with my HP 2115 not working properly since
> getting vista I decided to get a new printer. I'm looking for something
> £100
> or under all in one but cannot find any advice on which models work
> properly
> with vista or are "Vista compatible" can you tell me if there is a list
> anywhere? it all seems very vague and don't want to buy a new one which
> still won't function fully.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Probably cheaper to buy a new printer with a full set of drivers and
>> utilities than pay someone to write a third party application just for
>> you.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "James" <James@home> wrote in message
>> > Since changing from XP to Vista, the Status Monitor for my All in One
>> > Epson Stylus CX6400 does not have Double Sided Printing, Print Preview
>> > or
>> > the ability to change the quality of print.
>> >
>> > I sent my question to the Epson Connection but received in part the
>> > following response, which I think "stinks": As the driver is part of
>> > Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor
>> > available for your printer.
>> >
>> > Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a Status Monitor that works like
>> > the one with XP?
>> >
>> > I'm willing to pay a fair price to a third party vendor -- I just can't
>> > believe Epson would leave us consumers hanging.......
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > James

James

Re: Epson CX6400
Hello again,

I received another response from the Epson Web-Support folks today. It
reads in part as follows:

Unfortunately, there will be no Status Monitor 3 for the Stylus CX6400 on
Windows Vista made available from Epson. Although the Status Monitor 3
allowed for double-siding within the printer driver, the primary function
was to monitor ink levels. Regarding the print preview, this was not a
function of the Status Monitor 3, nor was the ability to set quality of
print.
The print preview function is generally available through the program you
are printing from and should still be accessible on Vista regardless of the
printer driver being used. Regarding the print quality, this can still be
set
using the Printing Preferences of the Stylus CX6400 driver on Vista.

Thanks to all who responded to my original post.

I think it's time to spend some more money on a brand new printer, even
though this old CX6400 is still "humming along." :-)
-----