No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.

GreatGodPanDemic

No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
I just bought a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I
cannot find the fax and scan function which is supposed to be part of Vista.
I've toggled the Vista and "classic" start menus to no avail, looked in
Control Panel - no soap, checked in Programs and Features to see if I needed
to install it in Windows features - no joy. Where in the blue hell is my fax
program?!
--
Vae Victis
Sic Pereant Omnium Meum Inimici
Dave

Re: No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
Sorry, but it's not a part of Windows Home Premium..
It comes with the Ultimate & Business Editions.

"GreatGodPanDemic" <GreatGodPanDemic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F7A93C0-86F0-4AE5-973D-9457308E900A@microsoft.com...
>I just bought a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I
> cannot find the fax and scan function which is supposed to be part of
> Vista.
> I've toggled the Vista and "classic" start menus to no avail, looked in
> Control Panel - no soap, checked in Programs and Features to see if I
> needed
> to install it in Windows features - no joy. Where in the blue hell is my
> fax
> program?!
> --
> Vae Victis
> Sic Pereant Omnium Meum Inimici

Cal Bear '66

Re: No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
Windows Fax and Scan is NOT included in Vista Home Premium -- only Ultimate,
Business and Enterprise

"GreatGodPanDemic" <GreatGodPanDemic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I
> cannot find the fax and scan function which is supposed to be part of Vista.
> I've toggled the Vista and "classic" start menus to no avail, looked in
> Control Panel - no soap, checked in Programs and Features to see if I needed
> to install it in Windows features - no joy. Where in the blue hell is my fax
> program?!
> --
> Vae Victis
> Sic Pereant Omnium Meum Inimici

huwyngr

Re: No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
In article <0F7A93C0-86F0-4AE5-973D-9457308E900A@microsoft.com>,
GreatGodPanDemic wrote:

> *Where in the blue hell is my fax*
> program?!

Probably there!

According to:

VISTA - Choose an Edition

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ditions/choose.
mspx

Fax & Scan is only in Business and Ultimate -- but you get Media
Center.

See also:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...atures/details
/faxscan.mspx

GreatGodPanDemic

RE: No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do, obviously I was misled by some info I'd
read inre Vista that led me to believe that the fax function was part of all
versions except the "Basic". That's the fog of war which is created when
you've got 37 versions of an o/s released, I guess. At least now I know. I
didn't even really need it, it just pissed me off to think that my brand new
shiny Windows was broken already, but I'm sure plenty of actual problems
await me anyway.
--

"GreatGodPanDemic" wrote:

> I just bought a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I
> cannot find the fax and scan function which is supposed to be part of Vista.
> I've toggled the Vista and "classic" start menus to no avail, looked in
> Control Panel - no soap, checked in Programs and Features to see if I needed
> to install it in Windows features - no joy. Where in the blue hell is my fax
> program?!
> --
> Vae Victis
> Sic Pereant Omnium Meum Inimici

BrokenDownInHouston

RE: No fax and scan applet to be seen in Vista.
Yeah,

Felt ripped off when I found out about that too. Don't feel too bad. My
scanner wasn't supported and neither was my printer. The compatability wizard
didn't detect that neither my scanner or printer would be supported.

Great product the Seattle robber barons stuck us with.