HP Scanjet G3010

Warren Fuller

HP Scanjet G3010
Has anyone been successful with HP's just released driver (full version) for the Scanjet G3010 with Vista Home Premier? I've tried twice to install the driver and both times I get the following:

"Fatal Error"
"Internal Error 2738"
"MSI.imagezoneexpress"

I left a message with HP, but have heard nothing back and don't expect to.

Thanks in advance,
Warren Fuller

huwyngr

Re: HP Scanjet G3010
In article <d-GdnTow3Pumh8DbnZ2dnUVZ_rWnnZ2d@comcast.com>, Warren
Fuller wrote:

> "MSI.imagezoneexpress"

That would be the Microsoft Installer for ImageZone Express.

Someone else here is reporting he can't install Image Zone under VISTA.

I was going to say "Did you download the VISTA version of ImageZone
Express that is on the HP website?"

HP Image Zone Express product Web site. Go to www.hp.com/go/ize .
but I just rechecked that link and it redirected repeatedly to:

HP Photosmart Essential 2.01
Free photo editing, organizing, printing and sharing software

http://www.hp.com/united-
states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index.html

which does have a VISTA version so I wonder if HP has replaced
ImageZOne Express?

huwyngr

Re: HP Scanjet G3010
PS

I just downloaded and installed the VISTA version of HP Photosmart
Essential 2.01 -- it's more uptodate than the earlier version I had but
it did not, as the installation text said it would, update or remove
the earlier version that I had.

I subsequently uninstalled it using Remove Programs but it would be
better to uninstall it first, I imagine, unless you have a lot of stuff
already recorded in ImageZone.

GCAT is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fixing Error 2738 with G3010 in Vista HP and other errors
Error 2738 stopped installation into Vista Home Premium of HP’s Scanjet G3010 software from its CD and their download, and of Channel 4’s On Demand software from their site. But it did not occur when a PC World tech guy put the CD into a similar demo computer!

I have found a good fix from James under May CTP install fails on Vista – MSDN Forums. It caused a panel RegSvr32 to say “DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.”. Below I describe what I did, guided by his post on May CTP install fails on Vista - MSDN Forums

First I found vbscript.dll was on C:\WINDOWS\System32. Then I went to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and right clicked Run as administrator. Then in the Administrator Command Prompt window, I completed and entered the line C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll. Then I OKed the RegSvr32 message and both programs installed.

Notes: Channel 4 TV has fixes for their error 2738, see More in Technical Problems > under Technical Problems at Channel 4: Help & Support
AND after Vista's SP1 installed, HP Solution Center would not open so I uninstalled their photosmart software but had to reapply the fix for error 2738 to reinstall it.

Are two related problems with Vista and HP of interest?

Checking the security of LaserJet 1018 folder evoked "The permissions on LaserJet 1018 Drivers are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective." from Vista. Only after I set Allow a Trusted Installer to Read & execute, List folder contents and Read did the info and request messages display during installation.

And the online toolbox for the Color LaserJet 1600 has links to its readme and guide that don’t open from my Programs -> HP -> HP Color LaserJet 1600. HP Support suppose the toolbox is there too but it’s not!

Last edited by GCAT : 04-27-2008 at 19:58. Reason: To incorporate two correction posts allowing them to be deleted.
Bob

Re: HP Scanjet G3010
Run System Restore to a time before SP1.
-------
*Report back, please*

"GCAT" <GCAT.37iuce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Installation of SP1 caused my G3010 programs to malfunction so I tried
> my fix only to find a fatal error in my dscription of it!
> The command regsvr32 has lost the 32!
> The full line should read C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll
> Very sorry to anyone confused.
>

> --
> GCAT

GCAT is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Removing SP1
Bob

Service Pack 1 for Vista is a major update and I would not advise using System Restore to undo it to fix the scanner software. I don't know what it does but now Vista does incremental backups in a few minutes which I like!

Reinstalling the G3010 software takes only half an hour but on my Home Premium, Error 2738 came back. So I re-input the fix I have described, with some difficulty, above. I assume SP1 took it out.

I hope it correct now. The link to MSDN Forums gives a little more detail.
Bob

Re: HP Scanjet G3010
Vista runs fine on many computers without SP1.