Can't Connect to Lexmark printer on home network

Kcpirana

Can't Connect to Lexmark printer on home network
Hi, I have a Lexmar 7170 printer. It's attached to the family computer
running Windows XP Home. Other printers in the network can connect and
print without a problem. However, I can't get my Vista Home Premium
notebook to connect to the printer. I can see the main computer (FAMILY)
and also see the printer. But no matter how I try, I can't connect. I keep
getting the 0x000003e3 error. Lexmark told me that I needed to download the
Lexmark Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server driver and follow the installation
prompts, which I did. However, it keeps coming back that it can't connect
and to check that the computer is turned on (it is) and is being shared (it
is). I've tried the Vista, XP, and now this server driver, but NOTHING
seems to work. I'm willing to follow any and all steps someone can give me
to solve this problem, as I've been working on it for days with no success.
TIA!!

Kristy

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Can't Connect to Lexmark printer on home network

E:\>winerror 0x000003e3
995 ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED <--> 0xc0000120 STATUS_CANCELLED

Vista network configuration

Do you have any antivirus software on the machine sharing the printer? If
you create a fake printer that uses an inbox XP driver, can the Vista
machine make a connection and print a test page (pause the fake printer on
the XP machine).

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Kcpirana" <kcpirana@NOSPAMaol.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Lexmar 7170 printer. It's attached to the family computer
> running Windows XP Home. Other printers in the network can connect and
> print without a problem. However, I can't get my Vista Home Premium
> notebook to connect to the printer. I can see the main computer (FAMILY)
> and also see the printer. But no matter how I try, I can't connect. I
> keep getting the 0x000003e3 error. Lexmark told me that I needed to
> download the Lexmark Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server driver and follow the
> installation prompts, which I did. However, it keeps coming back that it
> can't connect and to check that the computer is turned on (it is) and is
> being shared (it is). I've tried the Vista, XP, and now this server
> driver, but NOTHING seems to work. I'm willing to follow any and all
> steps someone can give me to solve this problem, as I've been working on
> it for days with no success. TIA!!
>
> Kristy

Kcpirana

Re: Can't Connect to Lexmark printer on home network
Let me check into this and see what happens. Thanks!

Kristy