Blank faxes

B Hope

Blank faxes
Hi

I use Vista Business. At first fax was fine then suddenly when I send a
fax, e.g. a Word document, the recipient gets a blank page and sure enough
when a check the preview there is a blank page or I get the message that
Vista cannot generate a preview.

I have changed nothing on my system and added no new software apart from
regular Windows updates and Windows Defender updates. I removed and
reinstalled the Windows fax software and it worked for one fax and then
reverted to blank faxes. Any ideas?

Barry

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Blank faxes
Suggest posting some actual information. We have no idea what you are doing
until you tell us.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"B Hope" <REMOVEbhope@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I use Vista Business. At first fax was fine then suddenly when I send a
> fax, e.g. a Word document, the recipient gets a blank page and sure enough
> when a check the preview there is a blank page or I get the message that
> Vista cannot generate a preview.
>
> I have changed nothing on my system and added no new software apart from
> regular Windows updates and Windows Defender updates. I removed and
> reinstalled the Windows fax software and it worked for one fax and then
> reverted to blank faxes. Any ideas?
>
> Barry

B Hope

Re: Blank faxes
Apologies for not making myself clearer.
In Word, I will print a document to 'Fax'. The fax message window opens
with the Word document converted to a TIF file and attached to the message.
I type in the fax number and a message subject for reference - and then
send.

If I select 'Preview' I can see the document as it has been converted - or
at least used to be able to see it. What I now now see is a blank page and
if I send the fax, the recipient also receives a blank page. This did not
happen before. I uninstalled the fax and scan software, reinstalled it and
it worked - for one fax - and then reverted to creating blank pages.

I hope this helps to explain the problem a little bit more.

Thanks in advance

Barry

> Suggest posting some actual information. We have no idea what you are
> doing until you tell us.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "B Hope" <REMOVEbhope@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I use Vista Business. At first fax was fine then suddenly when I send a
>> fax, e.g. a Word document, the recipient gets a blank page and sure
>> enough when a check the preview there is a blank page or I get the
>> message that Vista cannot generate a preview.
>>
>> I have changed nothing on my system and added no new software apart from
>> regular Windows updates and Windows Defender updates. I removed and
>> reinstalled the Windows fax software and it worked for one fax and then
>> reverted to blank faxes. Any ideas?
>>
>> Barry

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Blank faxes
Check your file associations for both Word documents and TIF files.
--
> Apologies for not making myself clearer.
> In Word, I will print a document to 'Fax'. The fax message window opens
> with the Word document converted to a TIF file and attached to the
> message. I type in the fax number and a message subject for reference -
> and then send.
>
> If I select 'Preview' I can see the document as it has been converted - or
> at least used to be able to see it. What I now now see is a blank page
> and if I send the fax, the recipient also receives a blank page. This did
> not happen before. I uninstalled the fax and scan software, reinstalled
> it and it worked - for one fax - and then reverted to creating blank
> pages.
>
> I hope this helps to explain the problem a little bit more.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Barry
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Suggest posting some actual information. We have no idea what you are
>> doing until you tell us.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "B Hope" <REMOVEbhope@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I use Vista Business. At first fax was fine then suddenly when I send a
>>> fax, e.g. a Word document, the recipient gets a blank page and sure
>>> enough when a check the preview there is a blank page or I get the
>>> message that Vista cannot generate a preview.
>>>
>>> I have changed nothing on my system and added no new software apart from
>>> regular Windows updates and Windows Defender updates. I removed and
>>> reinstalled the Windows fax software and it worked for one fax and then
>>> reverted to blank faxes. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Barry

B Hope

Re: Blank faxes
Thank you. I checked the associations for TIF files and added the WFS
program located in the system32 folder. Once I rebooted I have since been
able to send a number of faxes.

Thanks once again

Barry
> Check your file associations for both Word documents and TIF files.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "B Hope" <REMOVEbhope@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Apologies for not making myself clearer.
>> In Word, I will print a document to 'Fax'. The fax message window opens
>> with the Word document converted to a TIF file and attached to the
>> message. I type in the fax number and a message subject for reference -
>> and then send.
>>
>> If I select 'Preview' I can see the document as it has been converted -
>> or at least used to be able to see it. What I now now see is a blank
>> page and if I send the fax, the recipient also receives a blank page.
>> This did not happen before. I uninstalled the fax and scan software,
>> reinstalled it and it worked - for one fax - and then reverted to
>> creating blank pages.
>>
>> I hope this helps to explain the problem a little bit more.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Barry
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Suggest posting some actual information. We have no idea what you are
>>> doing until you tell us.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Blank faxes
Odd. Normally Windows Photo Gallery should be the default. Works fine here.