Document won't canel in queue?

Mark N.

Document won't canel in queue?
Hi -- I sent a document to print to my wireless HP 7180 printer, and decided
to cancel the job. The problem is, after cancelling the job individually and
"cancel all", the job remains in the queue, and no other job will print.
I've tried printing other jobs; they sit in the queue waiting for the first
job to print. When I "cancel all", the second and third jobs are canceled,
but that first job is still there.

How do I get rid of the "undeletable" job? Do I need to clear it out of a
registry key? Elsewhere?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mark
Malke

Re: Document won't canel in queue?
Mark N. wrote:
> Hi -- I sent a document to print to my wireless HP 7180 printer, and decided
> to cancel the job. The problem is, after cancelling the job individually and
> "cancel all", the job remains in the queue, and no other job will print.
> I've tried printing other jobs; they sit in the queue waiting for the first
> job to print. When I "cancel all", the second and third jobs are canceled,
> but that first job is still there.
>
> How do I get rid of the "undeletable" job? Do I need to clear it out of a
> registry key? Elsewhere?

Stop the Print Spooler service and reboot.

Start/Stop Print Spooler Service:

Method 1: Restart the service by using the Services console
1. Click Start Start button , type services.msc in the Start Search box,
and then click services.msc in the Programs list.

User Account Control permission - If you are prompted for an
administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
Continue.

2. Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Stop.
3. Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Start.

Method 2: Restart the service at a command prompt
1. Click Start Start button , click All Programs, and then click
Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

User Account Control permission - If you are prompted for an
administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
Continue.

3. Type the following commands at the command prompt. Press ENTER after
each command.
net stop spooler
net start spooler
exit

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Mark N.

Re: Document won't canel in queue?
Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Mark

"Malke" wrote:

> Stop the Print Spooler service and reboot.
>
> Start/Stop Print Spooler Service:
>
> Method 1: Restart the service by using the Services console
> 1. Click Start Start button , type services.msc in the Start Search box,
> and then click services.msc in the Programs list.
>
> User Account Control permission - If you are prompted for an
> administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
> Continue.
>
> 2. Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Stop.
> 3. Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Start.
>
> Method 2: Restart the service at a command prompt
> 1. Click Start Start button , click All Programs, and then click
> Accessories.
> 2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
>
> User Account Control permission - If you are prompted for an
> administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
> Continue.
>
> 3. Type the following commands at the command prompt. Press ENTER after
> each command.
> net stop spooler
> net start spooler
> exit
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

roysf

Re: Document won't canel in queue?
Thanks so much for shedding light on this—I just set up a new computer for a
friend, and the printer it came with is a bit prone to paper jams, which I
wouldn't have thought a big deal but for the fact that printing wouldn't
resume after clearing the jam because of this problem. Or should I say bug,
which is actually why I'm posting, to ask if you anticipate Microsoft
correcting this extremely annoying issue?