Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2007
Zabetprof
 

Posts: n/a
HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem
I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website, the
385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during the
device installation, I get the following error:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it:
Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern driver
package.

I get the same problem with the OJ 5610 although that driver was provided by
HP. The 5610 scanner was installed correctly.

How the heck do I find out what is missing so I can fix it?
Thanks.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem
Run Add Printer manually.

Is the 385 driver in the list under HP?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Zabetprof" <Zabetprof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9CF1CE8-10CF-4203-8D43-30CFF9DF0F23@microsoft.com...
>I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website, the
> 385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during the
> device installation, I get the following error:
>
> Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
> while
> attempting to install it:
> Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern
> driver
> package.
>
> I get the same problem with the OJ 5610 although that driver was provided
> by
> HP. The 5610 scanner was installed correctly.
>
> How the heck do I find out what is missing so I can fix it?
> Thanks.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
Zabetprof
 

Posts: n/a
Re: HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem
No it is not in the list. Nothing is in the list except the HP DesignJet
series of printers.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Run Add Printer manually.
>
> Is the 385 driver in the list under HP?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Zabetprof" <Zabetprof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9CF1CE8-10CF-4203-8D43-30CFF9DF0F23@microsoft.com...
> >I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website, the
> > 385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during the
> > device installation, I get the following error:
> >
> > Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
> > while
> > attempting to install it:
> > Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern
> > driver
> > package.
> >
> > I get the same problem with the OJ 5610 although that driver was provided
> > by
> > HP. The 5610 scanner was installed correctly.
> >
> > How the heck do I find out what is missing so I can fix it?
> > Thanks.
> >
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem
Look for posts in the Vista hardware newsgroup for infcache.1. There is a
solution there that I cannot recommend (but it seems to work).


This issue is caused by some installer applications working around an XP
problem that was "fixed" in Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830552/en-us
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Zabetprof" <Zabetprof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:740FA5F3-A743-40E3-BDFC-433409303323@microsoft.com...
> No it is not in the list. Nothing is in the list except the HP DesignJet
> series of printers.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Run Add Printer manually.
>>
>> Is the 385 driver in the list under HP?
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Zabetprof" <Zabetprof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news9CF1CE8-10CF-4203-8D43-30CFF9DF0F23@microsoft.com...
>> >I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website,
>> >the
>> > 385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during
>> > the
>> > device installation, I get the following error:
>> >
>> > Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
>> > while
>> > attempting to install it:
>> > Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern
>> > driver
>> > package.
>> >
>> > I get the same problem with the OJ 5610 although that driver was
>> > provided
>> > by
>> > HP. The 5610 scanner was installed correctly.
>> >
>> > How the heck do I find out what is missing so I can fix it?
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> >

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem =?Utf-8?B?U3VlIEQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 7 12-14-2008 17:59
PROBLEM - Photosmart 7150 Install in Vista Home Premium 86x Mills Architect microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 05-16-2007 18:33
HP OfficeJet G55 network printing =?Utf-8?B?UmFsZg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 04-19-2007 07:06
Printing to HP Officejet D155 =?Utf-8?B?Z2luZ2VybWFuNTk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 03-29-2007 14:04
HP Photosmart 8450 problem printing tables =?Utf-8?B?Qmx1ZWJvbm5ldA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-28-2007 20:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120