Printer Offline Always

Starboykb

Printer Offline Always
Hi, I am having quite a lot of problem dealing with the printer offline
always using Xerox Document Centre machine. I already inform them about the
issue and the new vista driver will be ready soon.

However, I cannot wait for this drivers because it happen almost everyday.
The only way to resolved this is to restart the printer spooler. But i need a
..bat to be usable for all Vista. I tried the WinXP printer.bat and it doesnt
work which shows something about the wrong path. so is there any code i can
used for creating a restart printer spooler.bat for Vista at the moment.

I need it to be used for at the mean time while waiting for the new drivers.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer Offline Always
Open the Services mmc snapin

Find Print Spooler

the default setting is only to start after the first two failures. Change
the Recovery on Subsequent failures to Restart.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Starboykb" <Starboykb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am having quite a lot of problem dealing with the printer offline
> always using Xerox Document Centre machine. I already inform them about
> the
> issue and the new vista driver will be ready soon.
>
> However, I cannot wait for this drivers because it happen almost everyday.
> The only way to resolved this is to restart the printer spooler. But i
> need a
> .bat to be usable for all Vista. I tried the WinXP printer.bat and it
> doesnt
> work which shows something about the wrong path. so is there any code i
> can
> used for creating a restart printer spooler.bat for Vista at the moment.
>
> I need it to be used for at the mean time while waiting for the new
> drivers.

Starboykb

Re: Printer Offline Always
Thx Alan for the tips, however just wanted to confirm again. Do i need to set
it back to default once the vista drivers releases for the printer?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Open the Services mmc snapin
>
> Find Print Spooler
>
> the default setting is only to start after the first two failures. Change
> the Recovery on Subsequent failures to Restart.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Starboykb" <Starboykb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I am having quite a lot of problem dealing with the printer offline
> > always using Xerox Document Centre machine. I already inform them about
> > the
> > issue and the new vista driver will be ready soon.
> >
> > However, I cannot wait for this drivers because it happen almost everyday.
> > The only way to resolved this is to restart the printer spooler. But i
> > need a
> > .bat to be usable for all Vista. I tried the WinXP printer.bat and it
> > doesnt
> > work which shows something about the wrong path. so is there any code i
> > can
> > used for creating a restart printer spooler.bat for Vista at the moment.
> >
> > I need it to be used for at the mean time while waiting for the new
> > drivers.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer Offline Always
That's up to you. If the spooler service always restarts, would you know
that it ever died and you needed to get driver updates from Xerox. I think
Xerox provided drivers for some conflict with Vista for our WorkCentre
devices.

We are using version 4.182.16.0 for the WorkCentre Pro 35 and 55 PS what
model Document Centre are you using?