Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Print Queue Problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
bluepete
 

Posts: n/a
Print Queue Problem
I have an LaserJet 1200 printer connected to a Netgear FR114P print
server/router. When I send a print job from my Vista Business laptop to the
printer, the queue does not clear when the job is done. I have to manually
clear it to prevent the job from re-printing. What is the solution to this?
Thank you.

Frustrated in Seattle
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Dan [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Queue Problem
The most obvious potential cause is in the printer settings. Try:

1) Right click on the printer & select Properties
2) Select the Advanced Tab
3) The checkbox for "Keep printed documents" should be unchecked.

If that's not it, let us know & we'll take another look.

Dan

"bluepete" <bluepete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:256C07C9-5393-46C5-A99B-47BF665B8DA3@microsoft.com...
>I have an LaserJet 1200 printer connected to a Netgear FR114P print
> server/router. When I send a print job from my Vista Business laptop to
> the
> printer, the queue does not clear when the job is done. I have to manually
> clear it to prevent the job from re-printing. What is the solution to
> this?
> Thank you.
>
> Frustrated in Seattle



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Queue Problem
Since this is an HP device make sure you follow the instructions from
Netgear. Disable Bi-directional on the Ports tab since it is not supported
with this device.


http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/...#__highlig ht

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Dan [MSFT]" <djanni@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OaglcrtnHHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> The most obvious potential cause is in the printer settings. Try:
>
> 1) Right click on the printer & select Properties
> 2) Select the Advanced Tab
> 3) The checkbox for "Keep printed documents" should be unchecked.
>
> If that's not it, let us know & we'll take another look.
>
> Dan
>
> "bluepete" <bluepete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:256C07C9-5393-46C5-A99B-47BF665B8DA3@microsoft.com...
>>I have an LaserJet 1200 printer connected to a Netgear FR114P print
>> server/router. When I send a print job from my Vista Business laptop to
>> the
>> printer, the queue does not clear when the job is done. I have to
>> manually
>> clear it to prevent the job from re-printing. What is the solution to
>> this?
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Frustrated in Seattle

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
bluepete
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Queue Problem
Thanks, Alan! Disabling bi-directional support on the port did the trick.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Since this is an HP device make sure you follow the instructions from
> Netgear. Disable Bi-directional on the Ports tab since it is not supported
> with this device.
>
>
> http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/...#__highlig ht
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Dan [MSFT]" <djanni@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:OaglcrtnHHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > The most obvious potential cause is in the printer settings. Try:
> >
> > 1) Right click on the printer & select Properties
> > 2) Select the Advanced Tab
> > 3) The checkbox for "Keep printed documents" should be unchecked.
> >
> > If that's not it, let us know & we'll take another look.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "bluepete" <bluepete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:256C07C9-5393-46C5-A99B-47BF665B8DA3@microsoft.com...
> >>I have an LaserJet 1200 printer connected to a Netgear FR114P print
> >> server/router. When I send a print job from my Vista Business laptop to
> >> the
> >> printer, the queue does not clear when the job is done. I have to
> >> manually
> >> clear it to prevent the job from re-printing. What is the solution to
> >> this?
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Frustrated in Seattle

> >
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZEo=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 04-19-2008 22:33
Print queue errors with HP LaserJet 6p batesie11 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 05-06-2007 06:35
File and Print Sharing Problem. =?Utf-8?B?S2lyYW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-16-2007 13:46
disk queue =?Utf-8?B?dHJhdmllNTgyMDAx?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 03-04-2007 03:24
Very unusual print problem =?Utf-8?B?d2ViLWRlcHQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 02-07-2007 02:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:01.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120