Canon MP760: Photos have green tint

Michael Hainsworth

Canon MP760: Photos have green tint
Hi there, every photo I print out with my Canon MP760 multifunction has a
green tint to it.

I notice when I open a photo in Windows Photo Gallery and select Print the
photo looks normal for a moment, then the tint kicks in.

If I select "Options..." and color management, all the options for "Canon
MP760 Reflective" and "Positive" and "Negative" give me an error "Profile
could not be added since it does not match the device."

Uninstalling the printer software, installing the Canon "vista compatible"
driver and using the "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" profile that helped my monitor stop
displaying a yellow tint fail to solve the problem.

Canon thinks my *ink* has run dry. Thanks, Canon. You really didn't read my
support email, did you?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
huwyngr

Re: Canon MP760: Photos have green tint
In article <98FD39F7-769B-4E6A-810B-C0E9798A00AB@microsoft.com>, Michael
Hainsworth wrote:

> Canon thinks my *ink* has run dry. Thanks, Canon. You really didn't read my*
> support email, did you?

AMOI Are you using Canon ink or a third party?

I know on-line a sales technician (NOT employed by Canon <g>) who says the
majority of ink/color problems he encounters are due to using third party inks
and that this is especially true for Canon printers since they use a smaller
drop size than other printers so that the jets plug up more easily.

I don't know if your Canon uses combined ink/jet cartridges or tanks separate
from the jets but even if the latter and you changed back to Canon ink the
jets could be clogged. There are safe methods to try to clean them.

FWIW without knowing the background.

Michael Hainsworth

Re: Canon MP760: Photos have green tint
Nope, not an ink issue. worked just fine two days earlier on an XP machine.

Funny, too, Canon not only wants me to replace my ink, but also buy a new
print head. I'm going in circles with these idiots who don't read my detailed
tech support mesages.

It's blazingly obvious if you're sitting in front of my machine that it's a
color management issue. The image appears onscreen just fine for a moment,
only to be replaced a split-second later with a green tint version. Vista is

I'm going crazy trying to resolve this.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <98FD39F7-769B-4E6A-810B-C0E9798A00AB@microsoft.com>, Michael
> Hainsworth wrote:
>
> > Canon thinks my *ink* has run dry. Thanks, Canon. You really didn't read my
> > support email, did you?

> AMOI Are you using Canon ink or a third party?
>
> I know on-line a sales technician (NOT employed by Canon <g>) who says the
> majority of ink/color problems he encounters are due to using third party inks
> and that this is especially true for Canon printers since they use a smaller
> drop size than other printers so that the jets plug up more easily.
>
> I don't know if your Canon uses combined ink/jet cartridges or tanks separate
> from the jets but even if the latter and you changed back to Canon ink the
> jets could be clogged. There are safe methods to try to clean them.
>
> FWIW without knowing the background.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Canon MP760: Photos have green tint
Have you experimented with the options in Control Panel > Color Management?

Are any ICC profiles for your monitor and printer available?

"Michael Hainsworth" <MichaelHainsworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5C96DAC3-2F98-4282-9807-72F31F5B0412@microsoft.com...

In article <5C96DAC3-2F98-4282-9807-72F31F5B0412@microsoft.com>, Michael
Hainsworth wrote:

> It's blazingly obvious if you're sitting in front of my machine that it's a*
> color management issue.

In that case I would suggest that it's not a Canon problem but in the software
whether built into VISTA or third party.

The people I meet up with on line who really know about color management --
profiles and stuff like that that I don't get involved in -- are in the
Photography Forum on Compuserve:

http://community.compuserve.com/photography

Give them a try with full information on hardware and software.