Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp

jared

Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp
In trying to setup a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop with a printer
manufactured by Sharp Coorporation model AL-1655CS it turns out that the
drivers supplied by Sharp are windows XP compatable downward and not for
Vista. Is there a generic printer driver that will work for this model
copier/printer? Just tryng to use this device as a printer. Help please. The
printer was purchased last year and the laptop is new. I contacted Sharp and
this was their response below.

Thank you for contacting sharp electronics Corporation. Unfortunately,
there are no software updates available for the product, to permit printing
and scanning with Windows Vista. The various editions of the finished Vista
product, 32 and 64-bit functionality, create a broad necessity for testing of
the copier to confirm what will function with the existing software, and what
will not, and in turn, how and if updates will be made available to include
this to support for the printer. I am unable to offer a solution for Vista
support only that there are no updates available at this time.
--
jared m
kj

RE: Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp
I am having the same problem with HP Officejet Scanner. It will not let me
add the software. The printer works fine but the HP disc does not find a
driver for Vista. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed.

kj

"jared" wrote:

> In trying to setup a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop with a printer
> manufactured by Sharp Coorporation model AL-1655CS it turns out that the
> drivers supplied by Sharp are windows XP compatable downward and not for
> Vista. Is there a generic printer driver that will work for this model
> copier/printer? Just tryng to use this device as a printer. Help please. The
> printer was purchased last year and the laptop is new. I contacted Sharp and
> this was their response below.
>
> Thank you for contacting sharp electronics Corporation. Unfortunately,
> there are no software updates available for the product, to permit printing
> and scanning with Windows Vista. The various editions of the finished Vista
> product, 32 and 64-bit functionality, create a broad necessity for testing of
> the copier to confirm what will function with the existing software, and what
> will not, and in turn, how and if updates will be made available to include
> this to support for the printer. I am unable to offer a solution for Vista
> support only that there are no updates available at this time.
> --
> jared m

Cal Bear '66

Re: Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp
Have you checked the HP site for Vista drivers?

"kj" <kj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem with HP Officejet Scanner. It will not let me
> add the software. The printer works fine but the HP disc does not find a
> driver for Vista. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed.
>
> kj
>
> "jared" wrote:
>
>> In trying to setup a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop with a printer
>> manufactured by Sharp Coorporation model AL-1655CS it turns out that the
>> drivers supplied by Sharp are windows XP compatable downward and not for
>> Vista. Is there a generic printer driver that will work for this model
>> copier/printer? Just tryng to use this device as a printer. Help please. The
>> printer was purchased last year and the laptop is new. I contacted Sharp and
>> this was their response below.
>>
>> Thank you for contacting sharp electronics Corporation. Unfortunately,
>> there are no software updates available for the product, to permit printing
>> and scanning with Windows Vista. The various editions of the finished Vista
>> product, 32 and 64-bit functionality, create a broad necessity for testing of
>> the copier to confirm what will function with the existing software, and what
>> will not, and in turn, how and if updates will be made available to include
>> this to support for the printer. I am unable to offer a solution for Vista
>> support only that there are no updates available at this time.
>> --
>> jared m

jared

Re: Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp
I have found two such generic drivers : hpupd40pcl6-32; and a second one
hpupd40pcl6x64. I am hoping the latter will suffice. Somehow I lokeed for
these earlier and overlooked same. ty. i will try them and let you know
results later.
--
jared m

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Have you checked the HP site for Vista drivers?
>

> "kj" <kj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem with HP Officejet Scanner. It will not let me
> > add the software. The printer works fine but the HP disc does not find a
> > driver for Vista. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed.
> >
> > kj
> >
> > "jared" wrote:
> >
> >> In trying to setup a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop with a printer
> >> manufactured by Sharp Coorporation model AL-1655CS it turns out that the
> >> drivers supplied by Sharp are windows XP compatable downward and not for
> >> Vista. Is there a generic printer driver that will work for this model
> >> copier/printer? Just tryng to use this device as a printer. Help please. The
> >> printer was purchased last year and the laptop is new. I contacted Sharp and
> >> this was their response below.
> >>
> >> Thank you for contacting sharp electronics Corporation. Unfortunately,
> >> there are no software updates available for the product, to permit printing
> >> and scanning with Windows Vista. The various editions of the finished Vista
> >> product, 32 and 64-bit functionality, create a broad necessity for testing of
> >> the copier to confirm what will function with the existing software, and what
> >> will not, and in turn, how and if updates will be made available to include
> >> this to support for the printer. I am unable to offer a solution for Vista
> >> support only that there are no updates available at this time.
> >> --
> >> jared m

huwyngr

Re: Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp
Jared --

Cal's message was directed at KJ who says he has an HP scanner so I
doubt you will help yourself by trying to use the hp drivers you found
on a Sharp scanner.

I looked at the Sharp page for the all in one you gave and for the
scanner it says:

Driver USB only - Twain, WIA (Microsoft® Windows® XP only)

So I would try reinstalling the XP software, after uninstalling it with
Add/Remove Programs and removing any other references to the device you
may find say in Control Panel / Scanners & Printers.

Reboot

Then with the USB cable not plugged into the PC, reinstall the software
by locating the file that starts the installation -- often setup.exe or
autorun.exe -- right mouse clicking on it and selecting Compatibility.

Then set that to XP with SP2 and check the box for Run as
Administrator.

This has worked for me and a number of others.

latinserver

Windows vista is a shettttttt
I need a sharp AL 1655CS drivers for Window Vista but...... I don´t find it
and Sharp electronics say ye they haven´t it........ Microsoft say.....: We
can´t help you find it on microsoft.com\support, but... nothing......
Microsoft se está burlando de nosotros???.. necesitamos drivers de
urgencia................... sharp electronics debe ponerse a trabajar de
urgencia para Drivers compatibles
Peter

Re: Windows vista is a shettttttt
Blame Sharp not Microsoft. It's Sharp;s duty to provide drivers.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"latinserver" <latinserver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a sharp AL 1655CS drivers for Window Vista but...... I don´t find it
> and Sharp electronics say ye they haven´t it........ Microsoft say.....:
> We
> can´t help you find it on microsoft.com\support, but... nothing......
> Microsoft se está burlando de nosotros???.. necesitamos drivers de
> urgencia................... sharp electronics debe ponerse a trabajar de
> urgencia para Drivers compatibles

CYN

Re: Windows vista is a shettttttt
Go to driveragent.com and see if they have them. You'll need to pay a fee, but considering how many drivers I've had to install on my desktop PC, the $25 or so was worth it. Since then, I'm always up-to-date, and even when the manufacturer doesn't have what I need, that site does! Good luck--hope that helps!

Cyn