Cannot print to network printer on the PC it is installed on

Eljayb

Cannot print to network printer on the PC it is installed on
I have two printers connected to my Vista machine. Both are shared on my home
network. One works fine on all PC's including the Vista machine it is
installed on but the other will only print for the attached network machines,
not the Vista machine it is attached to.

The error message is Create file failure, permission denied.

If I use the Test print page option in the properties section of the printer
I am told Access is denied.

This is a new problem it worked fine a few days ago.

I have restarted both the PC and the Printer. I have uninstalled and then
reinstalled the printer and drivers.

My sanity is at stake here folks, any help would be most gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Eljayb
Dan [MSFT]

Re: Cannot print to network printer on the PC it is installed on
Eljayb,

Are the other two PCs XP boxes? If so the problem might be due to not
having a Vista compatible driver for the printer that doesn't work on the
vista machine. Yeah, this is a bit counterintuitive, but because we often
do print job rendering on the client, you could have a driver on the Vista
box that runs fine on the XP machines that use the Vista box as a server.

In any case, the path I'd check first is to go to the printer manufacturer
website & see if they have a Vista driver for the printer.

Dan

"Eljayb" <Eljayb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two printers connected to my Vista machine. Both are shared on my
>home
> network. One works fine on all PC's including the Vista machine it is
> installed on but the other will only print for the attached network
> machines,
> not the Vista machine it is attached to.
>
> The error message is Create file failure, permission denied.
>
> If I use the Test print page option in the properties section of the
> printer
> I am told Access is denied.
>
> This is a new problem it worked fine a few days ago.
>
> I have restarted both the PC and the Printer. I have uninstalled and then
> reinstalled the printer and drivers.
>
> My sanity is at stake here folks, any help would be most gratefully
> accepted.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Eljayb

Eljayb

RE: Cannot print to network printer on the PC it is installed on

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the other machines are both XP PC's and I
think you have nailed the problem. Other forums suggest I am not alone with
this problem, it seems to occur after installing Office XP, which I gather,
Vista is not too happy with.

As Panasonic do not appear to be releasing the appropriate driver for my
Laser, I am forced to revert back to XP for this computer .

Probably just as well as I am not enjoying the Vista experience anyway.