fax and scan

drchenomd

fax and scan
ERROR MESSAGE:

MICOSOFT WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN HAS STOPPED WORKING.

My computer can not send fax anymore with is error message every time i want
to send fax. I had turn off and on again through change windows features in
control panel, but no luck.

How to retore this function again? Please help, thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan
Post is rather lacking in any meaningful detail.
Did the service ever work?
If so, what steps did you use to disable it?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"drchenomd" <drchenomd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ERROR MESSAGE:
>
> MICOSOFT WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN HAS STOPPED WORKING.
>
> My computer can not send fax anymore with is error message every time i
> want
> to send fax. I had turn off and on again through change windows features
> in
> control panel, but no luck.
>
> How to retore this function again? Please help, thanks.

drchenomd

Re: fax and scan
Thank you for answering my question.

this service had worked before, but for unkown reason it does not work now.

I had tried to turn off this service through control panel's options on
changing windows features. And then turn it on again. but this action did not
revitalize the fax function.

Any other way to fix this problem?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Post is rather lacking in any meaningful detail.
> Did the service ever work?
> If so, what steps did you use to disable it?
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "drchenomd" <drchenomd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ERROR MESSAGE:
> >
> > MICOSOFT WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN HAS STOPPED WORKING.
> >
> > My computer can not send fax anymore with is error message every time i
> > want
> > to send fax. I had turn off and on again through change windows features
> > in
> > control panel, but no luck.
> >
> > How to retore this function again? Please help, thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan
What do you see when you go to Tools > Fax Account...?
And this just happened all of a sudden for no reason? You made no changes to
your system?

--
> Thank you for answering my question.
>
> this service had worked before, but for unkown reason it does not work
> now.
>
> I had tried to turn off this service through control panel's options on
> changing windows features. And then turn it on again. but this action did
> not
> revitalize the fax function.
>
> Any other way to fix this problem?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Post is rather lacking in any meaningful detail.
>> Did the service ever work?
>> If so, what steps did you use to disable it?
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "drchenomd" <drchenomd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > ERROR MESSAGE:
>> >
>> > MICOSOFT WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN HAS STOPPED WORKING.
>> >
>> > My computer can not send fax anymore with is error message every time i
>> > want
>> > to send fax. I had turn off and on again through change windows
>> > features
>> > in
>> > control panel, but no luck.
>> >
>> > How to retore this function again? Please help, thanks.

David G

Re: fax and scan
Dear Russ,

I have a new ThinkPad laptop running factory Vista.
The Fax function hasn't worked yet ; I keep getting the 'Windows Fax and
Scan has stopped working' error message when I try to send a fax.
I tried a couple of 3rd-party fax programs I'd used successfully under XP
(BitWare and PhoneTools) but they didn't work under Vista, so I'm back to
trying to get Windows Fax and Scan to work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
--
Yours sincerely,
David G.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What do you see when you go to Tools > Fax Account...?
> And this just happened all of a sudden for no reason? You made no changes to
> your system?
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "drchenomd" <drchenomd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for answering my question.
> >
> > this service had worked before, but for unkown reason it does not work
> > now.
> >
> > I had tried to turn off this service through control panel's options on
> > changing windows features. And then turn it on again. but this action did
> > not
> > revitalize the fax function.
> >
> > Any other way to fix this problem?
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Post is rather lacking in any meaningful detail.
> >> Did the service ever work?
> >> If so, what steps did you use to disable it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan
How did you configure your Fax Account?
Are you using an analog fax modem on the VHCL?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"David G" <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Russ,
>
> I have a new ThinkPad laptop running factory Vista.
> The Fax function hasn't worked yet ; I keep getting the 'Windows Fax and
> Scan has stopped working' error message when I try to send a fax.
> I tried a couple of 3rd-party fax programs I'd used successfully under XP
> (BitWare and PhoneTools) but they didn't work under Vista, so I'm back to
> trying to get Windows Fax and Scan to work.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated!
> --
> Yours sincerely,
> David G.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> What do you see when you go to Tools > Fax Account...?
>> And this just happened all of a sudden for no reason? You made no changes
>> your system?
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "drchenomd" <drchenomd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you for answering my question.
>> >
>> > this service had worked before, but for unkown reason it does not work
>> > now.
>> >
>> > I had tried to turn off this service through control panel's options on
>> > changing windows features. And then turn it on again. but this action
>> > did
>> > not
>> > revitalize the fax function.
>> >
>> > Any other way to fix this problem?

David G

Re: fax and scan
Dear Russ,
The Fax account seemed to be configured by default -I don't remember doing
it beyond filling out the Sender Information using (I think) the 'Tools'
command.
The modem is the internal IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad modem, and I'm sorry, I don't
know what VHCL means.

--
Yours sincerely,
David G.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> How did you configure your Fax Account?
> Are you using an analog fax modem on the VHCL?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "David G" <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Russ,
> >
> > I have a new ThinkPad laptop running factory Vista.
> > The Fax function hasn't worked yet ; I keep getting the 'Windows Fax and
> > Scan has stopped working' error message when I try to send a fax.
> > I tried a couple of 3rd-party fax programs I'd used successfully under XP
> > (BitWare and PhoneTools) but they didn't work under Vista, so I'm back to
> > trying to get Windows Fax and Scan to work.
> >
> > Your help would be greatly appreciated!
> > --
> > Yours sincerely,
> > David G.
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> What do you see when you go to Tools > Fax Account...?
> >> And this just happened all of a sudden for no reason? You made no changes
> >> your system?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan
You must configure your Fax Account before you can fax. Your modem should
appear there. Does it?
VHCL = Vista Hardware Compatibility List
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...&cid=900&f=86p

--
> Dear Russ,
> The Fax account seemed to be configured by default -I don't remember doing
> it beyond filling out the Sender Information using (I think) the 'Tools'
> command.
> The modem is the internal IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad modem, and I'm sorry, I
> don't
> know what VHCL means.
>
> --
> Yours sincerely,
> David G.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> How did you configure your Fax Account?
>> Are you using an analog fax modem on the VHCL?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "David G" <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear Russ,
>> >
>> > I have a new ThinkPad laptop running factory Vista.
>> > The Fax function hasn't worked yet ; I keep getting the 'Windows Fax
>> > and
>> > Scan has stopped working' error message when I try to send a fax.
>> > I tried a couple of 3rd-party fax programs I'd used successfully under
>> > XP
>> > (BitWare and PhoneTools) but they didn't work under Vista, so I'm back
>> > trying to get Windows Fax and Scan to work.
>> >
>> > Your help would be greatly appreciated!
>> > --
>> > Yours sincerely,
>> > David G.

David G

Re: fax and scan
Dear Russ,
Yes, the Modem appears in the 'Fax Accounts' window thus: Account Name: Fax
Modem; Server: Local Fax (default); Status: Connected
Thanks for your interest and help Russ,
--
Yours sincerely,
David G.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You must configure your Fax Account before you can fax. Your modem should
> appear there. Does it?
> VHCL = Vista Hardware Compatibility List
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...&cid=900&f=86p
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "David G" <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Russ,
> > The Fax account seemed to be configured by default -I don't remember doing
> > it beyond filling out the Sender Information using (I think) the 'Tools'
> > command.
> > The modem is the internal IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad modem, and I'm sorry, I
> > don't
> > know what VHCL means.
> >
> > --
> > Yours sincerely,
> > David G.
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> How did you configure your Fax Account?
> >> Are you using an analog fax modem on the VHCL?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan
Something is not right here. No Fax Account is configured "by default." You
must configure it on first use. Did you find out if your modem is on the
VHCL? Does it appear correctly in Fax Settings... General? Is it connected
to an analog phone line? What is the status of the Fax Service in
Administrative Tools > Services?