How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem

Jorgen

How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem
Background:

Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't
access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to
print preferences at all.

I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times after
this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The
obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I have found no way of
doing this on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit since printmanagement.msc isn't
available (and copying the file from another machine just yields an error
message from mmc, cannot install snap-in).

Question:

Is there a way to run print management on Home Premium or do I have to edit
the registry directly? If I do have to edit the registry under which keys do
I find print queue/driver information?

I've spent quite a few hours looking for a solution online but except for
the odd fact that people upgrading from RC seem to have access to
printmanagement even on Premium(???) I have had no luck. Any suggestions
would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Jorgen
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem
no printmanagement on Home

launch
printui /s /t2

remove the driver and the package

to remove the driver form the registry

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Jorgen" <Jorgen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Background:
>
> Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't
> access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to
> print preferences at all.
>
> I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times
> after
> this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The
> obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I have found no way
> of
> doing this on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit since printmanagement.msc isn't
> available (and copying the file from another machine just yields an error
> message from mmc, cannot install snap-in).
>
> Question:
>
> Is there a way to run print management on Home Premium or do I have to
> edit
> the registry directly? If I do have to edit the registry under which keys
> do
> I find print queue/driver information?
>
> I've spent quite a few hours looking for a solution online but except for
> the odd fact that people upgrading from RC seem to have access to
> printmanagement even on Premium(???) I have had no luck. Any suggestions
> would be helpful.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jorgen

shelyronald is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem

I think it may help you to remove the printer drivers.

If you right click on a printer and delete it, this doesn't remove the printer driver from the machine. Sometimes when working with print servers and testing multiple drivers there will be times when you need to completely remove a driver package from the machine so you can install a new or different one.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 has a tool called the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) built into windows which you will use to remove the drivers.
A3 posters