Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!

Hits

Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
Hello,

I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.

I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.

I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt because
when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.

Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
correct location or
show me the link i require and what to do with it.

Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
printer....

(written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
>
> I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
>
> I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> because
> when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
>
> Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> correct location or
> show me the link i require and what to do with it.
>
> Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.

Hits

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
Hi,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the all in one machine. i have tried to
connect by usb and it still does the same. It prints from IE7.0, EXCEL 2003
and PUBLISHER 2003 and not the rest of the suite.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
> printer....
>
> (written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> > POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
> >
> > I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> > printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> > comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> > dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
> >
> > I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> > BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> > perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> > spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> > purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> > because
> > when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
> >
> > Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> > spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> > correct location or
> > show me the link i require and what to do with it.
> >
> > Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.

Hits

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
Hello,

Any news on my query. Pls get back to me. I really need to Word & powerpoint
to print.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
> printer....
>
> (written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> > POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
> >
> > I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> > printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> > comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> > dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
> >
> > I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> > BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> > perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> > spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> > purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> > because
> > when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
> >
> > Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> > spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> > correct location or
> > show me the link i require and what to do with it.
> >
> > Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.

huwyngr

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
<< which wont print from WORD 2003 and*POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine
from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web. >>

Have you made sure that the printer has been selected as the Default
Printer (The printer icon should have a check mark against it in
Control Panel / Printers) since WORD will often not print unless there
is a default printer selected.

I don't know about Powerpoint.

Hits

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
The printer is selected as default. When i try to print from WORD the
following happens :-
1) The document comes in the print queue.
2) All in one machine lights up.
3) Document dissappears and nothing prints.

I need to sorting out soon as possible because im going to be working @ home
soon; WORD and POWERPOINT are essential packages which i need to use.

In article <953588DF-F5FD-4E0A-87E4-45724DAA0120@microsoft.com>, Hits
wrote:

> I have uninstalled and reinstalled the all in one machine.

When you did this did you have the USB cable disconnected from the PC?
This is essential for many USB devices or Windows installs its own
driver and not the more fully featured one supplied by the hardware
manufacturer.

You might check out Ports in the Properties of the Printer -- right
mouse click on its Icon in Control Panel / Printers.

Otherwise if it really is the spooler I don't know how you go about
repairing or reinstalling it.

Might be a good idea to remove any documents that are listed in the
spooler and to clear all caches -- My Computer / <windows drive> /
Properties / Diskclean.

You might find some ideas in Help & Support / [print spooler corrupted]

stansteam

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!

I am having exactly the same problems. I am using VISTA HOME PREMIUM and
have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
POWERPOINT 2003. It also prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER, NOTEPAD and
the web.

I have followed the advice above and reinstalled the updated drivers
from Brothers etc but with no success.

Is there any update on this??

Thanks

--
stansteam
Hits

Re: Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!
I had reinstalled with the cable connected.

I have done everything you had asked :-

1) The ports were checked by Brother helpdesk & thats perfectly fine.
2) Disk clean done.
3) Help & support dont mention anything about corrupted print spooler.

None of the above methods have made a difference.

Please investigate this matter a.s.a.p.. Since you dont know how to repair
the spooler please can you ask someone else.

I really need this to be sorted out this week. Please reply back as quick as
possible.

In article <EEF9D5A0-8043-4EA4-9BAB-2424E89B3F26@microsoft.com>, Hits wrote:

> Please investigate this matter a.s.a.p.. Since you dont know how to repair*
> the spooler please can you ask someone else.

This is not a Microsoft service bureau! <s> We are all users helping users
and some of us know more about specific problems that others do.