Vista & Fax (via outlook)

Thierry

Vista & Fax (via outlook)
Hi,

My application sends fax through a MAPI compliant application (outlook).
On WinXp, Outlook retrieves the message, and faxs it to the destination (no
problem).
On Vista, Outlook retrieves the message, but it was not faxed to the
destination, because the recepient was unknown. Does Vista not recognize fax
protocol ?

I tried to do the same way with Access 2003. I used the "SendObject" macro
command to send a fax ("to" argument like "[fax: xxx xxxxx]"). This macro
works fine on Xp, but on Vista, the message wasn't faxed due to the same
error. The message is bloqued by outlook.

Have you got an idea ?
Does Vista MAPI not compliant with fax protocol ?
I used an ultimate version of Vista.

Thanks.
Regards.
-Thierry-

patruns

RE: Vista & Fax (via outlook)
If your application was using Winfax in XP you will need to find a new fax
program. Winfax was dropped from Vista.

"Thierry" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My application sends fax through a MAPI compliant application (outlook).
> On WinXp, Outlook retrieves the message, and faxs it to the destination (no
> problem).
> On Vista, Outlook retrieves the message, but it was not faxed to the
> destination, because the recepient was unknown. Does Vista not recognize fax
> protocol ?
>
> I tried to do the same way with Access 2003. I used the "SendObject" macro
> command to send a fax ("to" argument like "[fax: xxx xxxxx]"). This macro
> works fine on Xp, but on Vista, the message wasn't faxed due to the same
> error. The message is bloqued by outlook.
>
> Have you got an idea ?
> Does Vista MAPI not compliant with fax protocol ?
> I used an ultimate version of Vista.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards.
> -Thierry-

Dave

Re: Vista & Fax (via outlook)
Vista Ultimate has the Fax & Scan program.
Vista Home does not.

"patruns" <patruns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If your application was using Winfax in XP you will need to find a new fax
> program. Winfax was dropped from Vista.
>
> "Thierry" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My application sends fax through a MAPI compliant application (outlook).
>> On WinXp, Outlook retrieves the message, and faxs it to the destination
>> (no
>> problem).
>> On Vista, Outlook retrieves the message, but it was not faxed to the
>> destination, because the recepient was unknown. Does Vista not recognize
>> fax
>> protocol ?
>>
>> I tried to do the same way with Access 2003. I used the "SendObject"
>> macro
>> command to send a fax ("to" argument like "[fax: xxx xxxxx]"). This macro
>> works fine on Xp, but on Vista, the message wasn't faxed due to the same
>> error. The message is bloqued by outlook.
>>
>> Have you got an idea ?
>> Does Vista MAPI not compliant with fax protocol ?
>> I used an ultimate version of Vista.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Regards.
>> -Thierry-

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista & Fax (via outlook)
Did you add the Fax Mail Transport to your Outlook profile?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]