Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error

Drew

Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
Hi

A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the
printer list.

This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or
administartor.
'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error
0x000006e6'

PC is behaving normally otherwise!

PC: Win Vista Business sp2
Networked to SBS
--
Many Thanks
Drew
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
the print spooler is not running

E:\>winerror 0x6e6
1766 RPC_S_INTERNAL_ERROR <--> 0xc0020043 RPC_NT_INTERNAL_ERROR

Be sure to start the Print Spooler service

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the
> printer list.
>
> This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user
> or
> administartor.
> 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error
> 0x000006e6'
>
> PC is behaving normally otherwise!
>
> PC: Win Vista Business sp2
> Networked to SBS
> --
> Many Thanks
> Drew

Drew

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
Hi
Thanks for the advice. I have checked the Print Spooler service is started.

Any other suggestions
--
Many Thanks
Drew

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> the print spooler is not running
>
> E:\>winerror 0x6e6
> 1766 RPC_S_INTERNAL_ERROR <--> 0xc0020043 RPC_NT_INTERNAL_ERROR
>
> Be sure to start the Print Spooler service
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the
> > printer list.
> >
> > This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user
> > or
> > administartor.
> > 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error
> > 0x000006e6'
> >
> > PC is behaving normally otherwise!
> >
> > PC: Win Vista Business sp2
> > Networked to SBS
> > --
> > Many Thanks
> > Drew

> .

Drew

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
Hi

Have you any troubleshooting suggestions?
--
Many Thanks
Drew

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> the print spooler is not running
>
> E:\>winerror 0x6e6
> 1766 RPC_S_INTERNAL_ERROR <--> 0xc0020043 RPC_NT_INTERNAL_ERROR
>
> Be sure to start the Print Spooler service
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the
> > printer list.
> >
> > This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user
> > or
> > administartor.
> > 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error
> > 0x000006e6'
> >
> > PC is behaving normally otherwise!
> >
> > PC: Win Vista Business sp2
> > Networked to SBS
> > --
> > Many Thanks
> > Drew

> .

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
I'll assume you have power cycled the machine.

verify the system files are fine

sfc /scannow

--

> Hi
>
> Have you any troubleshooting suggestions?
> --
> Many Thanks
> Drew
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> the print spooler is not running
>>
>> E:\>winerror 0x6e6
>> 1766 RPC_S_INTERNAL_ERROR <--> 0xc0020043 RPC_NT_INTERNAL_ERROR
>>
>> Be sure to start the Print Spooler service
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the
>> > printer list.
>> >
>> > This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as
>> > user
>> > or
>> > administartor.
>> > 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error
>> > 0x000006e6'
>> >
>> > PC is behaving normally otherwise!
>> >
>> > PC: Win Vista Business sp2
>> > Networked to SBS
>> > --
>> > Many Thanks
>> > Drew

>> .

Drew

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
Hi

I have done the below:
power cycled the PC.

verify the system files are fine

sfc /scannow

Look forward to hearing from you.
--
Many Thanks
Drew

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> I'll assume you have power cycled the machine.
>
> verify the system files are fine
>
> sfc /scannow
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Have you any troubleshooting suggestions?
> > --
> > Many Thanks
> > Drew
> >

> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> the print spooler is not running
> >>
> >> E:\>winerror 0x6e6
> >> 1766 RPC_S_INTERNAL_ERROR <--> 0xc0020043 RPC_NT_INTERNAL_ERROR
> >>
> >> Be sure to start the Print Spooler service
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error
Normally this is an indication of the spooler service not running

If you have a print driver corrupting the memory of the print spooler
service you will need to remove them either quickly after the spooler starts
and before the driver kills the spooler, or edit the registry when the
spooler is not running.