I can not create a new network print port on windows vista

fondac

I can not create a new network print port on windows vista
I just brought a new tablet PC from hp (HP tx1000z) and I have difficulties
to configure the computer for the IOgear wireless print server (GPSR01U). The
Brother printer (MFC-6800) has been working fine for other computers with
windows xp through the wireless printer server. The wireless router is
working fine for the computer.

The problem is window vista doesn't allow me to create a new network print
port when I tried to add a new printer to the computer (IOgear
gpsu01manual.pdf page 13). It just doesn't do anything and I can't move on to
next step when I chose "network print port" as the type of port. Other types
were working. Is there any other way to connect the printer server on the
windows vista computer?

The step to replicate the issue:
control panel --> printer --> add a printer as administrator --> add a local
printer --> create a new port on network print port --> click Next but
nothing happened.

Thanks!
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: I can not create a new network print port on windows vista
Does the device support LPD or RAW 9100? If it does then you can add a
Standard TCP/IP port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"fondac" <fondac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just brought a new tablet PC from hp (HP tx1000z) and I have
>difficulties
> to configure the computer for the IOgear wireless print server (GPSR01U).
> The
> Brother printer (MFC-6800) has been working fine for other computers with
> windows xp through the wireless printer server. The wireless router is
> working fine for the computer.
>
> The problem is window vista doesn't allow me to create a new network print
> port when I tried to add a new printer to the computer (IOgear
> gpsu01manual.pdf page 13). It just doesn't do anything and I can't move on
> next step when I chose "network print port" as the type of port. Other
> types
> were working. Is there any other way to connect the printer server on the
> windows vista computer?
>
> The step to replicate the issue:
> control panel --> printer --> add a printer as administrator --> add a
> local
> printer --> create a new port on network print port --> click Next but
> nothing happened.
>
> Thanks!

fondac

RE: I can not create a new network print port on windows vista
Following is the solution from IOGear tech support:

"What is needed is a standard tcp/ip print port. Go to the printer
properties and ports tab. Add a print port and choose standard tcp/ip print
port. Enter the IP of the print server and a port name. Choose custom and
hit settings and change it from raw to LPR and queue name to LPT1. Apply the
rest of the settings and try to print."