Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   Re: IE7 Just won't print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/48432-re-ie7-just-wont-print.html)

Robert Aldwinckle 05-12-2007 17:18

Re: IE7 Just won't print

(cross-post added to Vista P F&S)
"Randomiser" <Randomiser@conkey.plus.com> wrote in message
news:%23pnVtQ%23kHHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> IE7 under Vista has stopped printing. Everything else including Windows Mail
> prints fine. When I try to print the printer icon appears briefly in the
> bottom bar of IE7 then the print queue appears in the system tray, but the
> queue is empty and not marked as active.
>
> I have reinstalled the printer and rolled back as far as I can with system
> restore with no effect.
>
> Any ideas on this problem or on how to repair IE7 generally under Vista

IE6 Browser is not the right newsgroup for questions about Vista's browser.
However, I think you would get a more informed answer anyway from Vista's
Printing NG. Cross-posting for convenience.

> Thanks
>
> Hugh

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Cari \(MS-MVP\) 05-12-2007 18:08

Re: IE7 Just won't print

If you have an HP printer, see:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00802504
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Randomiser 05-14-2007 14:44

Re: IE7 Just won't print

Thank you everyone, I will move the query over to the Vista printing group
in the first place.

Special thanks to Cari, who has been persistently posting that link for a
variety of people on the newsgroup as I found when I had time to search
around. Unfortunately my printer doesn't use the HP Director software but
whatever they have replaced it with and I have the newest drivers from their
site for Vista which are dated March 2007. Looks like the problem has crept
back in again or it is a different problem with similar symptoms.

Regards

Hugh Conkey

Randomiser 05-14-2007 15:04

Re: IE7 Just won't print

Just caught up with this cross post. My original post wasn't very great.

I have an HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-one printer. It has been printing pages
from IE7 with no problems for a couple of months, using the drivers built
into Vista Home Premium 32bit. Sometime between about 27th April and 5th May
it stopped doing so. Now the print icons appear in the IE7 Statusbar, and
then in the System Tray but the printer queue is empty and the printer is
not classified as active. If I turn off Protected Mode, printing works fine.
Everything is patched up to date regularly.

I have rolled the system back as far as I can, deleted and re-installed the
printer, installed the new (latest) full-featured software from the HP
website all without any improvement. This printer does not use the HP
Director software but the newer replacement. In any case I have the most up
to date Vista specific version dated March 2007.

Anyone else getting this? How come it suddenly broke? Have any of the recent
patches or upgrades done anything in a relevant area?

Thanks for the link Cari, unfortunately it hasn't helped.

Regards

Randomiser 05-14-2007 15:14

Re: IE7 Just won't print

Apologies if this eventually appears twice, but the original doesn't seem to
be 'taking' in this NG