SCANNER LEXMARK X215

Paname

SCANNER LEXMARK X215
my scanner doesnt work on my multifunction printer LEXMARK X215.
VISTA doesnt recognise it.... I can print but I cant scan. I have installed
the XP twain driver from lexmark but same problem. Can anyone help me please
same with my Logitech camera.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215
I think the x215 is far too old for Vista.....
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...9_0_en,00.html

Since you haven't told us which Logitech webcam you have, I can't get you
further than:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...categoryid=126
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Paname" <Paname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my scanner doesnt work on my multifunction printer LEXMARK X215.
> VISTA doesnt recognise it.... I can print but I cant scan. I have
> installed
> the XP twain driver from lexmark but same problem. Can anyone help me
> please
> same with my Logitech camera.

ace13

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

I had the same problem with the scanner on my X215 , contacted Lexmark
(through website) and they sent me an email showing how to fix the
problem. Works fine now!

--
ace13
ace13's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31823

http://forums.techarena.in

wkczm

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

I called Lexmark and they just told me there was no driver, and none was
planned.

Can you please include your reply from lexmark so I can fix my problem
with the x215.

thanks,
Warren

--
wkczm
wkczm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31869
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=745674

http://forums.techarena.in

ace13

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

Here is the entire email, Hope it fixes your problem:

Here are the steps for the install for the X215 for printing and
scanning.
As your printer is currently working in terrms of printing ignore the
steps for the printer driver install.
Refer to the scanning aspect only.
Here is the solution: How to Install the X215 All-In-One (AIO) in
Microsoft Windows Vista
Purpose
This article explains how to install the X215 Windows XP printer driver
on a computer running Windows Vista.

Before you begin

The article assumes that you are using web-downloaded print and scan
driver software. The software package names are as follows:

Print driver - Lex_X215_WinXP_en
Scan driver - Lex_X215_WinScan_en
NOTE: This software is available on Lexmark.com under Drivers and
Downloads. Installing from the provided installation CD is optional.

Here is the link for the drivers :

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...os_group=WinXP

1. Connect the printer's USB cable to an available USB port on
the PC.
2. Power the printer on.
3. Click Cancel when the Found New Hardware wizard appears, and
follow the procedure in the table.
Installing the X215 XP driver in Windows Vista: Procedure:
Step Action Illustration
1 Double-click on Lex_X215_WinXP_en. ...
2 When you see Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard..., click Next.
3 The Location to Save Files will populate automatically with a
default directory location for the extracted driver files (for example,
c:\lexmark\Drivers\etc).
NOTE: It is useful, but not necessary, to take a note of the directory
name.
4 (observation) After the extraction of the driver files, the
Printer Wizard Information window will appear with the following
instructions:
Follow the instructions on the Windows Printer Wizard.
On the screen where you are asked to identify the printer manufacturer
and printer model, click the Have Disk... button.
In the Install From Disk dialog box, enter
C:\LEXMARK\DRIVER\ENGLISH\PRINT\ADDPRINT\WINXP.... ..,
and then click OK. This path is also listed in the Copy manufacturers
files from pull-down menu.
These instructions will remain until the Printer Wizard has completed
installation.
NOTE: It is recommended not to close this window until driver
installation is complete. Image
5 The Windows Printer Wizard will appear. For this example, select
Add a local printer and ignore the USB reference below it.
Optional: Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer (e.g.
direct IP printing, network print queues - \\computername\printername,
etc).
Image
6 Choose a printer port will appear.
Select Use an existing port, scroll down the list of available ports,
and select USB00# (virtual printer port for USB).

# represents 1-?; however. many ports are available for printing.
Image
7 Click Next. Image
8 Following the Printer Wizard Information outlined in Step 4, it is
recommended to click the down arrow next to Copy manufacturers files
from, select the install path displayed (i.e.
C:\LEXMARK\DRIVER\ENGLISH\PRINT\ADDPRINT\WINXP.... ..), and click OK.
Optional: Manually enter the full directory path mentioned in Step 4,
or browse to the directory path by clicking Browse.
Image
9 Highlight the printer by selecting it, and click Next. Image
10 The Printer name will appear. Click Next.

Optional: Enter a different printer name, and uncheck Set as the
default printer. Image
11 Observe Installing printer... Image
12 Click Install this software anyway when the Windows Security
screen appears. Image
13 Upon completion, you can select Print a test page. Image
14 Immediately following the test page, you will see a Program
Compatibility Assistant stating This program might not have been
installed properly.
Click This program installed properly.
Image
15 You may experience another notification balloon indicating Device
driver software was not successfully installed. This will disappear
after the next reboot of the machine.
NOTE: If a Found New Hardware Wizard appears on reboot, click Next and
Windows will finalize the installation.
Image

Optional installation path: Installing the software before connecting
the printer is acceptable if you are having difficulties with this
installation method.

Procedure: Scan Driver Installation
1. Right-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en. Click here for an image.

2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab and place a checkmark next to Run
this program in compatibility mode for (Windows XP SP2). Click here
for an image.
4. Click Apply, and OK.
5. Double-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en to install the software.

NOTE: The scanner is not Plug-N-Play; however, you will be asked to
restart the machine after installation of this software. Also, after
the Twain drivers for the X215 are installed, the scanner will not be
displayed under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Scanners and
Cameras. Only Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) devices are displayed
her

David Panetta
PSSD & CPD Support
Australia & New Zealand
Lexmark International (Australia) Pty Limited
PH: 1300 362 192

--
ace13
ace13's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31823
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=745674

http://forums.techarena.in

wkczm

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

David,

Thanks very much. I had previously tried substituting the winXP driver
and did pretty much the same but it did not work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled following your instructions , but for
just installing the printer driver did not work. I had to also install
the scanner driver and then Vista successfully printed on the X215.

Thanks again,
Warren