canon pixma mp160

mentalpostie

canon pixma mp160
purchased this today as i stated vista certified on the box and also on
windows web site, yet it fails to install i've followed all the instructions
to the letter not connecting the printer until i'm prompted downloaded the
latest drivers and i keep getting a message about the inf file being written
for windows 95 or later and missing something

anyone got any ideas
jasinwa

RE: canon pixma mp160
A little more info please. If you are trying to report the error, tell us
exactly the error as opposed to "...and missing something..".

: )

.. I have the same printer and it works fine and I have the printer hooked up
to a XP system in a shared mode.

There are multiple drivers on the Canon site - make sure you took the one
for Vista.

"mentalpostie" wrote:

> purchased this today as i stated vista certified on the box and also on
> windows web site, yet it fails to install i've followed all the instructions
> to the letter not connecting the printer until i'm prompted downloaded the
> latest drivers and i keep getting a message about the inf file being written
> for windows 95 or later and missing something
>
> anyone got any ideas

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: canon pixma mp160
You need to go to the Canon website and download the drivers....

http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/control...upportVistaAct
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"mentalpostie" <mentalpostie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> purchased this today as i stated vista certified on the box and also on
> windows web site, yet it fails to install i've followed all the
> instructions
> to the letter not connecting the printer until i'm prompted downloaded the
> latest drivers and i keep getting a message about the inf file being
> written
> for windows 95 or later and missing something
>
> anyone got any ideas

mentalpostie

RE: canon pixma mp160
the error message is
the driver installation file for this device is missing a necassary entry
this maybe because the INF file was written for windows 95 or later please
contact the vendor

hope that helps a bit more