Printer share problem (0x00000709 Error)

Joaquim Oliveira

Printer share problem (0x00000709 Error)
Iam putting this message here becasue I didnīt find any group regarding
windows 7 printing.

I have two networks at work xxx.xxx.0.xxx/24 for cable and xxx.xxx.1.xxx/24
for wireless notebooks. There is a soho router between these networks to
deliver packets between them.

Almost everything is running smoothly except for printing. I stated that the
wi-fi network has access to 2 computers on the xxx.xxx.0.xxx/24 network. The
main router, which provides internet connection (works like a charm!) and a
wired machine connected to a printer.

The problem is that I can connect to that machine through itīs IP number
(\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and see all itīs shared folders and components (i.e the
printer). I can access these shared folders, copy and paste files, create
folders and see shared the printer as well. But when I try to attach this
printer remotely to one of the wi-fi notebooks, I receive this message
(translated from portuguese to english, but youīll get the idea):

"Not able to conclude the operation, error 0x00000709. Verify the name of
the printer and if it is connected to the network."

Can you guys give me a help?

Thank you.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer share problem (0x00000709 Error)
this is the error, hex only needs decimal translation.

E:\>winerror 0x709
1801 ERROR_INVALID_PRINTER_NAME <--> No NTSTATUS matched

Is the Windows 7 machine sharing the printer?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Joaquim Oliveira" <informatica@grupoliderseguros.com.br> wrote in message
> Iam putting this message here becasue I didnīt find any group regarding
> windows 7 printing.
>
> I have two networks at work xxx.xxx.0.xxx/24 for cable and
> xxx.xxx.1.xxx/24
> for wireless notebooks. There is a soho router between these networks to
> deliver packets between them.
>
> Almost everything is running smoothly except for printing. I stated that
> the
> wi-fi network has access to 2 computers on the xxx.xxx.0.xxx/24 network.
> The
> main router, which provides internet connection (works like a charm!) and
> wired machine connected to a printer.
>
> The problem is that I can connect to that machine through itīs IP number
> (\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and see all itīs shared folders and components (i.e
> the
> printer). I can access these shared folders, copy and paste files, create
> folders and see shared the printer as well. But when I try to attach this
> printer remotely to one of the wi-fi notebooks, I receive this message
> (translated from portuguese to english, but youīll get the idea):
>
> "Not able to conclude the operation, error 0x00000709. Verify the name of
> the printer and if it is connected to the network."
>
> Can you guys give me a help?
>
> Thank you.

Joaquim Oliveira

Re: Printer share problem (0x00000709 Error)
Nope! Windows XP SP3.