Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected

Scorpion

Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected
O.K I am trying to install my Fax and scan, followed the following
instructions;
Modem installed is Agere V.92 Data &Fax Modem Version 8.36

After Choose Modem name- got this when pressing Next-->Error -"The mentioned
fax server is not available. Please correct the server name and try again"??

INSTRUCTIONS I FOLLOWED AS PER HELP AND SUPPORT
Before you begin, make sure that you've attached an analog phone line to
your computer. You can't use a digital phone line to send or receive faxes.

If your computer has a built-in fax modem, Windows will automatically detect
it during the setup process. You can connect to one local fax modem only,
although you can connect to multiple fax servers or devices on a network. If
you're not sure whether your computer has a built-in fax modem, check the
hardware information that came with your computer. If you have an external
fax modem, follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it to your
computer. Make sure that the modem is turned on before taking these steps.

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax
and Scan.

2. To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.

3. If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New Fax
on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the instructions
for connecting to a fax modem.
– or –
If you've already connected to one or more fax servers or devices on a
network and want to connect to a modem, click Tools, click Fax Accounts, and
then click Add. In the Fax Setup Wizard, complete the steps for connecting to
a fax modem.

According to Vista fax and scan, I require an account in order to use Fax
and Scan, I cannot open one up as the next step is not detecting my MODEM??
Any suggestions??

Thanks

Scorpion

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected
Another "Deadbeat" Forum, looking for support and all I get is silence?

"Scorpion" wrote:

> O.K I am trying to install my Fax and scan, followed the following
> instructions;
> Modem installed is Agere V.92 Data &Fax Modem Version 8.36
>
> After Choose Modem name- got this when pressing Next-->Error -"The mentioned
> fax server is not available. Please correct the server name and try again"??
>
> INSTRUCTIONS I FOLLOWED AS PER HELP AND SUPPORT
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
> Before you begin, make sure that you've attached an analog phone line to
> your computer. You can't use a digital phone line to send or receive faxes.
>
> If your computer has a built-in fax modem, Windows will automatically detect
> it during the setup process. You can connect to one local fax modem only,
> although you can connect to multiple fax servers or devices on a network. If
> you're not sure whether your computer has a built-in fax modem, check the
> hardware information that came with your computer. If you have an external
> fax modem, follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it to your
> computer. Make sure that the modem is turned on before taking these steps.
>
> 1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax
> and Scan.
>
> 2. To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
>
> 3. If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New Fax
> on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the instructions
> for connecting to a fax modem.
> – or –
> If you've already connected to one or more fax servers or devices on a
> network and want to connect to a modem, click Tools, click Fax Accounts, and
> then click Add. In the Fax Setup Wizard, complete the steps for connecting to
> a fax modem.
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> According to Vista fax and scan, I require an account in order to use Fax
> and Scan, I cannot open one up as the next step is not detecting my MODEM??
> Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected
I see. You assume that just because you have a problem, that it is a known
issue with a known solution?
Guess again.
Verify that your modem is on the VHCL list. If it is, open a support issue
with Microsoft.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Scorpion" <Scorpion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Another "Deadbeat" Forum, looking for support and all I get is silence?

> "Scorpion" wrote:
>
>> O.K I am trying to install my Fax and scan, followed the following
>> instructions;
>> Modem installed is Agere V.92 Data &Fax Modem Version 8.36
>>
>> After Choose Modem name- got this when pressing Next-->Error -"The
>> mentioned
>> fax server is not available. Please correct the server name and try
>> again"??
>>
>> INSTRUCTIONS I FOLLOWED AS PER HELP AND SUPPORT
>> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>> Before you begin, make sure that you've attached an analog phone line to
>> your computer. You can't use a digital phone line to send or receive
>> faxes.
>>
>> If your computer has a built-in fax modem, Windows will automatically
>> detect
>> it during the setup process. You can connect to one local fax modem only,
>> although you can connect to multiple fax servers or devices on a network.
>> If
>> you're not sure whether your computer has a built-in fax modem, check the
>> hardware information that came with your computer. If you have an
>> external
>> fax modem, follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it to
>> your
>> computer. Make sure that the modem is turned on before taking these
>> steps.
>>
>> 1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows
>> Fax
>> and Scan.
>>
>> 2. To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
>>
>> 3. If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New
>> Fax
>> on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the
>> instructions
>> for connecting to a fax modem.
>> - or -
>> If you've already connected to one or more fax servers or devices on a
>> network and want to connect to a modem, click Tools, click Fax Accounts,
>> and
>> then click Add. In the Fax Setup Wizard, complete the steps for
>> connecting to
>> a fax modem.
>> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>>
>> According to Vista fax and scan, I require an account in order to use Fax
>> and Scan, I cannot open one up as the next step is not detecting my
>> MODEM??
>> Any suggestions??
>>
>> Thanks

Scorpion

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detect
Thanks Russ, your right I assumed that this was a known issue and possible
soloution to it, guess not.
Modem is on the VHCL
list-->http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Will open up a support issue with Microsoft as per your suggestion as there
is no other alternative to this.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> 2. To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
> >>
> >> 3. If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New
> >> Fax
> >> on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the
> >> instructions
> >> for connecting to a fax modem.
> >> - or -
> >> If you've already connected to one or more fax servers or devices on a
> >> network and want to connect to a modem, click Tools, click Fax Accounts,
> >> and
> >> then click Add. In the Fax Setup Wizard, complete the steps for
> >> connecting to
> >> a fax modem.
> >> __________________________________________________ ___________________
> >>
> >> According to Vista fax and scan, I require an account in order to use Fax
> >> and Scan, I cannot open one up as the next step is not detecting my

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detect
If you find anything out, let us know. I haven't seen as many of these
problems with Vista Fax as there were with XP.

--
newsDA59AE2-E54C-42A7-A726-4BB0054D776E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Russ, your right I assumed that this was a known issue and possible
> soloution to it, guess not.
> Modem is on the VHCL
> list-->http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
>
> Will open up a support issue with Microsoft as per your suggestion as
> there
> is no other alternative to this.

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> I see. You assume that just because you have a problem, that it is a
>> known
>> issue with a known solution?
>> Guess again.
>> Verify that your modem is on the VHCL list. If it is, open a support
>> issue
>> with Microsoft.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Scorpion" <Scorpion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Another "Deadbeat" Forum, looking for support and all I get is
>> > silence?

Bywyd da

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected

Having the same problem as Scorpion. Did you ever find a solution?

--
Bywyd da
Bywyd da's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bywyd-da.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

elchoche23

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Fax and Scan- Modem is not being detected

I had the same issue and turned out to be my firewall blocking the
program. I set up a new rule to allow the wfs.exe file and rebooted.
This fixed it. Hopefully, you will have the same success. BTW, I use
Trend Micro Internet Security.

--
elchoche23
elchoche23's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/elchoche23.htm