Unable to create print object

JohnBoy

Unable to create print object
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set
it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer
drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top
operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a
HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print.
HOWEVER, I attempted to load it onto a Dell 1737, operating with VISTA Home
Premium, service pack-2 and x86 system type. Everything seems to load but
the drivers. The Wi-Fi is able to capture the printer, but after the drivers
are installing, I receive the message, "Failed to create print object Lexmark
Pro700 Series (Network). Print drivers are unknown (1797)" If I try to
activate the program for the Lexmark printer on my menu (after install) I get
the message, "Print driver are not recognized (0x00000002)." I have
uninstalled all of the files and reinstalled using the printer cable, without
success. I have downloaded all applicable updates from Lexmark, again without
success. I tried to install in safe mode and received an error message that
there was a problem with the spooler service. I was online with the Lexmark
help desk and the person remoted into the computer, again, no success. The
individual stated that a higher level technician would have to help. It has
been 24 hours and they have not contacted me. I am at a lost. Does anyone
have any suggestions short of buying another printer (and possibly having the
same problems)?
--
At Your Service
NewIT

Re: Unable to create print object

"JohnBoy" <JohnBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I
> set
> it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer
> drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top
> operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on
> HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print.
> HOWEVER, I attempted to load it onto a Dell 1737, operating with VISTA
> Premium, service pack-2 and x86 system type. Everything seems to load but
> the drivers. The Wi-Fi is able to capture the printer, but after the
> drivers
> are installing, I receive the message, "Failed to create print object
> Lexmark
> Pro700 Series (Network). Print drivers are unknown (1797)" If I try to
> activate the program for the Lexmark printer on my menu (after install) I
> get
> the message, "Print driver are not recognized (0x00000002)." I have
> uninstalled all of the files and reinstalled using the printer cable,
> without
> success. I have downloaded all applicable updates from Lexmark, again
> without
> success. I tried to install in safe mode and received an error message
> that
> there was a problem with the spooler service. I was online with the
> Lexmark
> help desk and the person remoted into the computer, again, no success.
> The
> individual stated that a higher level technician would have to help. It
> has
> been 24 hours and they have not contacted me. I am at a lost. Does
> anyone
> have any suggestions short of buying another printer (and possibly having
> the
> same problems)?
> --
> At Your Service