printer preference window doesn't show.

mojomojo

printer preference window doesn't show.
I've installed my printer (HP PSC 2110) and i've been trying to set the
printing preferences but the widow won't even show up. When as soon as i
click the
printer preferences button, i could see the window disappear in matter of
seconds.

I'm so lost with vista..
How do i make the preferences window not disappear so i can set my
preferences.. ??
Dan [MSFT]

Re: printer preference window doesn't show.
Not being able to see the preferences dialog is ususally caused by not
having a Vista compatible driver. I took a look at the HP website, but it
appears that there isn't a driver for your model on Vista. Someone else in
this newsgroup might have a suggestion that'll make the device work with
less reduced functionality, but if HP doesn't write a driver for it, there's
not much we can do.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...488& lang=en&

Dan

"mojomojo" <mojomojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've installed my printer (HP PSC 2110) and i've been trying to set the
> printing preferences but the widow won't even show up. When as soon as i
> click the
> printer preferences button, i could see the window disappear in matter of
> seconds.
>
> I'm so lost with vista..
> How do i make the preferences window not disappear so i can set my
> preferences.. ??

bignev

"mojomojo" wrote:

> I've installed my printer (HP PSC 2110) and i've been trying to set the
> printing preferences but the widow won't even show up. When as soon as i
> click the
> printer preferences button, i could see the window disappear in matter of
> seconds.
>
> I'm so lost with vista..
> How do i make the preferences window not disappear so i can set my
> preferences.. ??

bignev

RE: printer preference window doesn't show.

"bignev" wrote:

This may be due to the fact that HP and Microsoft now hold hands and I
believe that Vista includes the nessary printer files for most HP printers.
If all else fails contact HP.

bignev

> "mojomojo" wrote:
>
> > I've installed my printer (HP PSC 2110) and i've been trying to set the
> > printing preferences but the widow won't even show up. When as soon as i
> > click the
> > printer preferences button, i could see the window disappear in matter of
> > seconds.
> >
> > I'm so lost with vista..
> > How do i make the preferences window not disappear so i can set my
> > preferences.. ??

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: printer preference window doesn't show.
You might try what has worked for a number of people here and that is
to install the XP software using Run as Adminsitrator and also
Compatibility mode if necessary.

If you do try this first remove all HP software that has been installed
for the device; delete the printer icon in the Control Panel / Printer;
and unplug the printer cable from the PC.

Then reboot and start the software installation using Run as
Administrator on the setup.exe file for the HP software. You do this by
right mouse clicking on that setup.exe file and selecting Run as
Administrator.

Do not connect the printer or its cable to the PC until either the
software tells you to or you get to [Finish]

"Show window preview" greyed-out in Taskbar appearance menu =?Utf-8?B?R0IgaW4gUGxhbm8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 05-25-2007 02:41
vista & xp on 2 computers, 1 printer- can they share the printer? Sarah microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 05-01-2007 23:56
Vista printer to shared XP printer =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 4 04-17-2007 20:53
Best in show Paul Security News 0 04-02-2007 22:49
Ze End of The Show Steve General Technology News 0 03-24-2007 19:39