Help - "Printer cannot communicate with the computer" error messag

cailefamily

Help - "Printer cannot communicate with the computer" error messag
I'm using a Dell Photo AIO 924 printer that worked before i installed Vista.
Vista can see the printer after i plug it however i get that "cannot
communciate error". So installed new drivers from teh Dell site, checked the
USB cable, turned the printer off and on, and restarted the PC and keep
getting nothing.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Help - "Printer cannot communicate with the computer" error messag
Uninstall and reinstall.....the printer should have been disconnected during
the upgrade from XP to Vista and then installed after the upgrade was
complete.

See:
and
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"cailefamily" <cailefamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a Dell Photo AIO 924 printer that worked before i installed
> Vista.
> Vista can see the printer after i plug it however i get that "cannot
> communciate error". So installed new drivers from teh Dell site, checked
> the
> USB cable, turned the printer off and on, and restarted the PC and keep
> getting nothing.
>
> Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

cailefamily

Re: Help - "Printer cannot communicate with the computer" error me
Thanks Cari. i tried uninstalling and re-installing. did it twice but no
luck. Vista can recognize my printer and tell me how much ink i have left in
the cartridges but it can't communicate with it when it comes to printing.
i'm also working this issue with MS tech support. if you have any other help
i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Uninstall and reinstall.....the printer should have been disconnected during
> the upgrade from XP to Vista and then installed after the upgrade was
> complete.
>
> See:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> and
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "cailefamily" <cailefamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using a Dell Photo AIO 924 printer that worked before i installed
> > Vista.
> > Vista can see the printer after i plug it however i get that "cannot
> > communciate error". So installed new drivers from teh Dell site, checked
> > the
> > USB cable, turned the printer off and on, and restarted the PC and keep
> > getting nothing.
> >
> > Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Help - "Printer cannot communicate with the computer" error me
Try another USB cable.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)