Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2009
conagan
 

Posts: n/a
Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues

Greetings,

I have been searching for some time for an answer for this issue but i
have not yet been able to find a fix.

PROBLEM: I cannot add a TCP/IP Printer attached to my network.

System Information:
Gateway 6860 Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
1.83 GhZ Core Duo2
4 GB Ram

THINGS I HAVE DONE:

1) Tried intalling via add new printer -> network printer -> Printer
not listed -> Add TCP/IP Printer -> typed in printer ip ->

I get the following:

"Error Loading TCP MIB Library" - "Cannot Load Wizard pages for
Standard TCP/IP Port"

2) Checked the REGISTRY ENTRY according to some of the other solutions
that i have read and everthing is in place:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Monitor\

Add key
Standard TCP/IP Port
Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll

under Standard TCP/IP Port
Add Key
Ports
Add three Dwords in Ports
LprAckTimeout value data= 180
StatusUpda****abled value data= 1
StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10

stop and start spooler

3)Checked on the files that are used for TCP/IP Ports and they are all
there:

\windows\system32

tcpmon.dll
tcpmib.dll
tcpmonui.dll

and i don't have any of the files that have been references in the
%systemroot% folder that would cause conflicts:

"This behavior may occur if a third-party version of the Wsnmp32.dll,
Ntprint.dll, Tcpmib.dll, Mgmtapi.dll, or Snmpapi.dll file has been
copied to the %SystemRoot% folder."

4) Installed the same network printer on three other machines in my
office (Windows Vista Home Premium, MacOS X Leapord & Windows 7 Home)
So i know that the printer is accessible, in fact i can connect to the
printers UI via typing the ip address in my browser...

5) i have performed "in cmd" scannow sfc/ command and that didn't fix
anything either as some other suggestions have implied.

Im kind of lost for words on what to do next without re-intalling
vista... any suggestions?

-Thanks
Chris


--
conagan
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues
add the port using the vbs script prnport.vbs

\system32\printing_admin_scripts\en-us\prnport.vbs

cscript prnport.vbs -a -h 1.1.1.1 -r PORTNAME

If it does not auto configure the settings your device supports, supply the
settings to the command line (you would need to verify these from the
network card documentation)

use "printui /ip" from command line to launch the Network Add Printer wizard
and select the port from the list

The error you describe sounds like one of the core network binaries was
replaced. sfc /scannow should have fixed that.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"conagan" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:f7e0d8a5b5978ecac440f5311d1b1b0f@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have been searching for some time for an answer for this issue but i
> have not yet been able to find a fix.
>
> PROBLEM: I cannot add a TCP/IP Printer attached to my network.
>
> System Information:
> Gateway 6860 Laptop
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64
> 1.83 GhZ Core Duo2
> 4 GB Ram
>
> THINGS I HAVE DONE:
>
> 1) Tried intalling via add new printer -> network printer -> Printer
> not listed -> Add TCP/IP Printer -> typed in printer ip ->
>
> I get the following:
>
> "Error Loading TCP MIB Library" - "Cannot Load Wizard pages for
> Standard TCP/IP Port"
>
> 2) Checked the REGISTRY ENTRY according to some of the other solutions
> that i have read and everthing is in place:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Monitor\
>
> Add key
> Standard TCP/IP Port
> Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll
>
> under Standard TCP/IP Port
> Add Key
> Ports
> Add three Dwords in Ports
> LprAckTimeout value data= 180
> StatusUpda****abled value data= 1
> StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10
>
> stop and start spooler
>
> 3)Checked on the files that are used for TCP/IP Ports and they are all
> there:
>
> \windows\system32
>
> tcpmon.dll
> tcpmib.dll
> tcpmonui.dll
>
> and i don't have any of the files that have been references in the
> %systemroot% folder that would cause conflicts:
>
> "This behavior may occur if a third-party version of the Wsnmp32.dll,
> Ntprint.dll, Tcpmib.dll, Mgmtapi.dll, or Snmpapi.dll file has been
> copied to the %SystemRoot% folder."
>
> 4) Installed the same network printer on three other machines in my
> office (Windows Vista Home Premium, MacOS X Leapord & Windows 7 Home)
> So i know that the printer is accessible, in fact i can connect to the
> printers UI via typing the ip address in my browser...
>
> 5) i have performed "in cmd" scannow sfc/ command and that didn't fix
> anything either as some other suggestions have implied.
>
> Im kind of lost for words on what to do next without re-intalling
> vista... any suggestions?
>
> -Thanks
> Chris
>
>
> --
> conagan



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2009
SunflowerBabe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues
I am not as computer savvy as you it seems...could you please give me a walk
through on how to do this exactly because I have the same problem but your
answer is like a foreign language to me. LOL Please help!

Alan Morris [MSFT] wrote:
>add the port using the vbs script prnport.vbs
>
>\system32\printing_admin_scripts\en-us\prnport.vbs
>
>cscript prnport.vbs -a -h 1.1.1.1 -r PORTNAME
>
>If it does not auto configure the settings your device supports, supply the
>settings to the command line (you would need to verify these from the
>network card documentation)
>
>use "printui /ip" from command line to launch the Network Add Printer wizard
>and select the port from the list
>
>The error you describe sounds like one of the core network binaries was
>replaced. sfc /scannow should have fixed that.
>
>> Greetings,
>>

>[quoted text clipped - 67 lines]
>> -Thanks
>> Chris


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues
I'll assume the port creation through scripting is the portion of foreign
origin.

You will need a network configuration page printed from your device. Each
device is different so you will need to read the manual if you do not know
how to do this. Locate the hostname or IP for the network card. I'd use
the hostname since this will also get to the device when the IP address
changes.

open an elevated command prompt Start /Accessories /Command Prompt right
click, Run as administrator

this should open in c:\windows\system32. Then navigate to
printing_admin_scripts\en-us

at the prompt type cd printing_admin_scripts\en-us

at the prompt type
cscript prnport.vbs -a -h YOURHOSTNAME -r HOSTNAME

If you have a network card included in tcpmon.ini the port configuration is
read from this file. If the port is not autoconfiged and fails use raw and
9100 (this is the default for HP and Lexmark).

cscript prnport.vbs -a -h YOURHOSTNAME -r HOSTNAME -o raw -n 9100


once the port is created launch the network Add Printer wizard
in the same command windows type
printui /ip

use the port you just created.


--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"SunflowerBabe" <u56546@uwe> wrote in message news:9fd23d353ac85@uwe...
>I am not as computer savvy as you it seems...could you please give me a
>walk
> through on how to do this exactly because I have the same problem but your
> answer is like a foreign language to me. LOL Please help!
>
> Alan Morris [MSFT] wrote:
>>add the port using the vbs script prnport.vbs
>>
>>\system32\printing_admin_scripts\en-us\prnport.vbs
>>
>>cscript prnport.vbs -a -h 1.1.1.1 -r PORTNAME
>>
>>If it does not auto configure the settings your device supports, supply
>>the
>>settings to the command line (you would need to verify these from the
>>network card documentation)
>>
>>use "printui /ip" from command line to launch the Network Add Printer
>>wizard
>>and select the port from the list
>>
>>The error you describe sounds like one of the core network binaries was
>>replaced. sfc /scannow should have fixed that.
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>

>>[quoted text clipped - 67 lines]
>>> -Thanks
>>> Chris

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Epson Stylus 1280 & Vista printing issues 01pewterz28 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 5 01-13-2009 22:36
Vista > XP Network Printing Issues Imageman microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 11-26-2008 16:39
HP and Vista Printing issues bmill74 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-28-2008 19:14
Printing issues from XP Pro laptop to Vista Home Premium PC TheJudge microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 09-18-2007 16:50
Vista & HP Wireless Printing Issues Theo M microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 06-04-2007 05:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120