2 Month old Hp9100 Laptop printer scanner problems

drker

2 Month old Hp9100 Laptop printer scanner problems
I upgraded my wifes comp. to a HP laptop and it has Vista installed which I
did install. The 'All-in-One 3180' printer scanner software doesn't work. I
was in a chat with HP for about 1 1/2 Hrs. uninstalling and re-installing the
program. Also reset Active-X which was set right to begin with. Al the time I
spent on line with HP didn't solve the problem.
Also I have been on line with Norton because there AV program won't
"auto-update". That is another can of worms though. I would have been happy
enough with an XP Pro edition but HP wouldn't sell it. They said Vista was
only available. Vista has cost me more unfruitful hours than I care to talk
about.
I have got the scanner /printer working with a third part software though.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: 2 Month old Hp9100 Laptop printer scanner problems
You did use the Vista drivers for the 3180 didn't you, released in March
because I doubt the CD included with the All in One has anything Vista
related on it.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 46331&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)