Can't choose default printer

Daydream

Can't choose default printer

Hi,

I can no longer choose a default printer, so while I can print from
some programs (email programs), others say that I need to install a
printer (Adobe Reader, Paint Shop Pro X2, etc.). I have an Epson Stylus
Photo R220 installed. And it does print and prior to the computer
getting "fixed", I did have the green checkmark on it as a default. I
saw a post with someone having a similar problem and they were told to
go into Regedit to check out permissions on the Hk-something, which I
did, but all permissions seemed to be correctly checked.
(....software/microsoft/windowsnt/device or something like that)

Thank you in advance for your time and any advice you might have.

Melissa

--
Daydream
Chuck

Re: Can't choose default printer
The usual cure is to disconnect the printer, uninstall the drivers, shutdown
and restart the computer.
Reinstall the correct up to date drivers, and when/if prompted, plug in the
printer.
Vista may have a basic driver built in for this printer, and it may not have
all the features.
Older, non Vista drivers may cause the problem you are experiencing, or
perhaps connecting the printer before the drivers were installed.
While an Epson R220 was a good printer in it's day, the newer workforce and
artisan printer series are quite a bit faster, and seem to have a bit better
color accuracy.
I've just about retired my R300m.