PC won't install printer driver

renski is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PC won't install printer driver
Hi guys,

I have HP deskjet F2180 printer and vaio notebook running vista home premium. I had been using this printer for 2 years with no trouble, but recently I' ve moved stuff in my office and when I tried to connect printer to notebook again, It wouldn't do anything. I plug usb cable to the usb slot which I always used for it, and pc won't do anything. It won't show that usb is plugged, it won't install it, NOTHING. I've tried to reinstall it and when asked during installation to plug usb in I did, but nothing happend again. It's like pc is not reacting to it. So I tried other external softs to plug in and all of them working so there's no problem with my usb slots. I've tried to unplug printer from electric, restar it, install it, didn't work either. I need printer for my job and I am very frustrated now. What's wrong? Is it possible that my usb cable is broken? One day it worked and next day didn't. I recently got trouble with installing security for server 2005 SP3 not successful, might that be problem stopping pc from recognizing the printer? Oh and in addition I've tried to do copying on that printer and that worked, so there's no trouble with printer itself. Please HELP.
pcrable

Re: PC won't install printer driver
"renski" <renski.41hw86@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have HP deskjet F2180 printer and vaio notebook running vista home
> premium. I had been using this printer for 2 years with no trouble, but
> recently I' ve moved stuff in my office and when I tried to connect
> printer to notebook again, It wouldn't do anything. I plug usb cable to
> the usb slot which I always used for it, and pc won't do anything...

It appears the only thing you didn't try was switching USB cables. (I am
assuming you tried all the USB ports on the laptop). Yes, cables
occassionally fail. I'd do the following:

1. Connect the printer to the notebook with another USB cable that you know
works. If the printer works, the problem is with the cable; if the printer
still doesn't work, the problem is with the printer or the PC.

2. Take your printer and an USB cable you know works to a friend's computer.
Connect the printer to the PC and power up the printer. If the friend's
computer doesn't recognize the printer either, then you've a malfunctioning
printer; if it does work, you know there's something wrong with your PC's
setup.

Good luck.

Paul

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PC won't install printer driver
Test the printer on another PC. It could be that the printer has died.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows