Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work????

Stephen

Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work????
I have an HP Office Jet 6110 (all in one Printer, but Windows Vista does not
allow the printer to work??? The printer worked fine before I purchased this
new computer that came with Vista and no Scanning, Printing, Faxing or
Copying.....

Can someone please help with a fix?????

Thank you

Stephen
DL

Re: Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work????
You installed it as per HP instructions, ie install software from HP cd
prior to connecting the printer?
You've then updated software/drivers from HP site?
If still no joy, you contacted HP support?

The printer is supported on all MS win versions win98 - Win7

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP Office Jet 6110 (all in one Printer, but Windows Vista does
>not
> allow the printer to work??? The printer worked fine before I purchased
> this
> new computer that came with Vista and no Scanning, Printing, Faxing or
> Copying.....
>
> Can someone please help with a fix?????
>
> Thank you
>
> Stephen

Dave

Re: Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work????
I have the same printer.
It will work with Vista and Windows 7 for basic printing, etc. but you will
have to use other scan & fax software,
as HP decided not to upgrade their software for Vista.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=79477

"A full feature software and driver package for Windows Vista is not
available for your product. However, the Windows Vista operating system
installed on your computer contains a basic driver solution for your
product.
With the basic driver, the buttons on the product do not function and some
of the advanced product features are not available. But you can still print,
scan, and import and view images on a memory card, using the workaround
procedures in this document.
Use the following instructions to install the basic driver in Windows Vista,
and then review the workaround procedures to use the available features for
your product. For photo editing, organizing, printing and sharing, you can
also download HP Photosmart Essential software. Click here if you want to go
to the download page for HP Photosmart Essential (in English)."

--
Windows 7 Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an HP Office Jet 6110 (all in one Printer, but Windows Vista does
> not
> allow the printer to work??? The printer worked fine before I purchased
> this
> new computer that came with Vista and no Scanning, Printing, Faxing or
> Copying.....
>
> Can someone please help with a fix?????
>
> Thank you
>
> Stephen

Chuck

Re: Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work????
I've had many of the printer mfrs do this to me. When it happens, the
replacement next printer or two or three will be from a different Mfr.
Mfrs off my list are HP, (Unless I happen to get one free with a package.) ,
Panasonic, Brother, Lexmark, and IBM.